Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 red light on the back

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 died. Charged it but still not responsive. Red light at back of watch.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I’m having a similar problem. My Fitbit is dying within 24 hours of charging it, usually around 12 hours but it’s taken 5+ days for it to drop below10% in the past 8 months since I got it. It also has the red light at the back and sometimes won’t respond so I plug it in and it says it has more than 10% battery. Restarting it will drop the battery from 90%+ down to less than 10%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing the clock face dropped the battery from 100% to 31% then restarting it dropped the battery from 31% to 4%. Red light never turned off and every now and then the light will sporadically flash yellow then turn red.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, after days of "on again off again", my 10-month-old Fitbit 3 just went black last night. Little red and green lights flickering at the back. On the charging cable the button is dead, so you cannot do the restart procedure - what a bummer. At least my Fitbit 2 lasted nearly 2 years. Ah well, moving on to other manufacturers 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for your help. My Charge 3 works now that I followed your instructions on how to reboot it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called fitbit about my Charge 3 and they walked me through every step to get my fitbit working. It has been 3 days and I'm not having any more problems. If it does it again and if I will send it back to them. Mine is still under warranty and I'm not putting up with this ever again Thanks for your information. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Same thing has happened to my tracker after having it for about 2 years 3 months now, so I don't think it's under warranty anymore. For the past 2 days it was losing its charge after a couple of hours whereas previously it would last 7-8 days. Then it just wouldn't charge anymore, red light on the back, can't charge or turn it on at all. I'm very disappointed in this product and not purchasing this product ever again. I feel like the old Versa and the original Fitbit I had both worked better. 

Best Answer

Mu husband went through 3 of them in a year and after the years was up the 3rdon died and my lasted 18 months and mine is dead.. Good luck to you with yours.. Sad that they are not lasting for the price we pay for them  Very expensive to last no even a year!!   Just saying.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @iverrz, welcome to the community forums! @Darbie12, it's great to see you around! 

I'm very sorry for the experience you've had! If the troubleshooting steps didn't work, the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I am on my 3rd Charge3.Contacted support the answer out of warranty.

Consider a other tracker not Fitbit as i am getting very tiered with the product, as it last passed the warranty period then of course they ask you to buy a new one!!

Best Answer
0 Votes