Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen has horizontal lines across

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 screen has faded grey vertical lines and a black horizontal line. This first happened when I last charged the device after the battery was low.

I have rebooted the device three times from the settings menu. I have also twice reset it by holding the button for 8 seconds when attached to the charger. Plus I have twice done the king reset of holding the button for 15 seconds, removing it from the charger and then reattaching it to the charger. I have also tried several different clock faces to no avail.

I've only had the device for 16 months and I've taken good care of it. Please help me. I e done all the things that have been recommended in previous threads regarding this same issue.

"King reset" should be "long reset". Apologies for the auto correct typo.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @JP72, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear about the screen issues that your Charge 3 has experienced. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in a similar situation. I have followed all of the reset protocols but a horizontal black line persists. Additionally, when my battery gets to about 30%, the screen gets pixelated- sometimes so bad that I can’t read it. My Charge 3 is only about 8 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jericho14 Thanks for stopping by! 

Let me help you with your Charge 3 screen not working correctly. Since you already troubleshooting this issue I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes