Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is dark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit,

I got my Charge 3 just over 1yr & it was the best thing ever until I got a software update earlier this yr...

My screen got dim & now I can't see anything at all...

I am from Trinidad so it is impossible for me to visit for you to see for yourself...

I tried all of your advice given to the many others complaining of this same issue...

YOUR ADVICE IS NOT WORKING and you guys know it...

I really hope you can OWN Responsibility for Your Faulty Software update & fix it from the software end...

Stop making people go crazy trying to restart (long or anyother) and changing faces...THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE...

Fitbit & Everyone else knows it is YOUR FITBIT Software Issue... 

Please FIRE the present 'BRAINS' of your Software Department & hire someone who knows how to do the job...

Fix YOUR glitch & send a NEW software update to the many people who bought your product...

STOP BEING UNFAIR to your customers...

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

@MarshaAli I hope you're doing well!

Sorry to hear about your Charge 3 screen being too dim and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thank you for responding....

Please note that my screen got dim after the software update less than 1yr after I got my device....

It is now just black...

I don't see anything anymore...

I just want my fitbit to work as good as when I got it...

It was the best ever, but now it bothers me a lot that I may have lost hard earned money & hope in fitbit in just 1yr...

I await some real help from your end...

I encourage you to back up your product 100% for you have many displeased customers at present...

If a software glitch spoil many devices...Then maybe a proper software update can fix many devices...

Best Answer

speaking about tickets, mine is closed without a solution, the reason why, is that you don't have service center here in Qatar,

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has the exact problem, not sure if my previous message got thru but if my Fitbit only lasts 1 year I will not be getting another one. 

steph

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Tried everything nothing works. Too dim to see. Please fix it. 

Best Answer

Yep, same here too. The screen only works for the restart smiley, then dark again. Must be a software issue with som many affected.

Best Answer
I can’t get mine to light up at all!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
It’s very frustrating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Has a solution been found yet for this issue?  I'm having the same issue and my device is a little of a year old.  Please advise.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with mine with almost the exact circumstances.

Best Answer

This has happened to me too 

Best Answer

Mine seems to b ok for a few hours . Like yesterday not able to c the screen all day at work. But after putting on charge and re booting came back . But then today no screen but got hone and out on charge and boom back again omg 😱 

Best Answer

Hello.  My Fitbit charge 3 has a black screen.  It vibrates and the green light comes on.  I have tried all the fixes that have been listed on the community board.  I have changed the face, put it on the charger to restart, etc.  Nothing works.  Please advise.

Best Answer

I am having this too. It started after I put my Fitbit on the charger and rebooted it because it wasn't syncing.  Now it still won't sync and I can't see anything.  I just got this thing I'm April or May, so it's very frustrating.

Best Answer
Is any of these messages going to Fitbit or is it just screwed over customers griping to each other? I will for sure spread it around to people not buy a Fitbit that they are a rip off.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
They should be monitoring this site. They need to fix this problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi,

I believe they are seeing all messages...

They replied to my original post...

However, they seem to think the long restart or changs face is the solution to this problem so many customers are having, even though the ones facing the problem are telling them that their supposed solution is not working...

I strongly believe its a software issue on their end because my charge 3 was working super fine right up until a software update...

I think they should count their lossses & meet their customers need to save the integrity of their Brand Name...

I am still hoping for fairness from their end...

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a coincidence! I logged in just now to research WHY my Charge 3 screen is soooo dim that I can barely see anything!  It seemed to start a few days or maybe a few weeks ago. I haven't paid much attention to it as I hadn't gone to the gym recently in order to select the exercise menu on it. Tonight I couldn't see anything!

Best Answer

Right- it is absolutely impossible that it is just a coincidence everyone came here to report this at the same time. Definitely a software issue from the last week. 

Best Answer