Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

Thanks. This help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My battery did not show up either when I connected my tracker to the charger hooked to my computer.  But when I pushed the button for at least 8 seconds, the smiley face appeared!  I took the tracker off the charger, pushed the button and everything was good again.  I'd try it again!  Make sure the tracker is in the charger solidly, prongs connected right for charging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact support. I’m waiting for a new charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Went black in the gym as I was swiping to exercise. I hope the fix works...

In the meantime I have a dead tracker for the rest of my workout untill I get home.

Just great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to report that my screen is back.  Took 4 more tries, but it finally returned.  Annoying!  Hope that the glitch can be fixed.

@EileenMenton wrote:

I followed the instructions from MarreFitbit.  At step 3, the battery did not display.  I tried step 4 to no avail.  What else should I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also happy to report that, when I got home from the gym and plugged it into the charger and while it was in the charger...pressed the side button 8 seconds and saw the smiley face, it worked again.

Also. If youre ever in the middle of a workout like I was and the screen goes black...the fitbit keeps tracking and you can monitor your steps and such on the app. Good news.

Hope they fix this glitch though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

- Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.

- Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.

- Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 

- Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

- Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issue. Have had the Fitbit charge 3 since just before Christmas and today it went blank. Hooked it up to the charger and it’s still blank

Best Answer
0 Votes
did you push and hold the button down for 8+ seconds? a smiley face should come up, take off the charger, push button again and it should reset. Make sure charger is hooked to computer and charging buttons are lined up on charger and tracker. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it worked   thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Tried what you suggested. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem . I changed the clock face on my fit bit app and it started working Instantly!  Hope this helps!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my fitbit charge 3 for Christmas, so under a month ago, up until now its worked perfect, but since midday today the screen has just been blank. Vibrated with messages and the lights on the back are still flashing but i thought maybe its the battery, so ive put it on charge. Still exactly the same. Ive tried restarting it as suggested and still no luck. Please help!

Best Answer

Hi I plugged the charge 3 into my computer about 2 hours later it beeped
and the smiley face appeared. I left it charging and it seems fine this
morning.

--
Ngā mihi,
*Kei roto katoa tatou i tenei *
*"We're all in this together."*

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
you have your charger hooked to your computer,  make sure your charger and tracker are lined up to charge, you'll feel it vibrate,  hold the button down on your tracker until you see the smiley face (5-10 secs), take it off the charger, push button and it should restart.  If it doesn't,  someone suggested going to fit bit app, go into your settings and change the clock face setting.  They said that worked for them. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the quick reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem. This does not fix the issue for me. Button vibrating. Have tried multiple times smiliey face appears sometimes but then goes blank again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has just happened to me yet again for the umpteenth time.

The thread was created last October, which means this bug is still not fixed after months.

Nor have I seen any explanation yet from Fitbit as to why it's happening or what we can do to avoid it.

It's all very well to say restart it, but that's not much use when you're out and not going to be home until the evening.

Most devices allow you to restart "on the go", so why doesn't this one?

It's all very frustrating and rather disappointing.

Best Answer
 totally agree. Hope they fix the problem and make it right for all of us loyal Fitbit users....or we might not be so loyal anymore

Best Answer