Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my screen is not resetting, I’ve tried the hard reset at least 3 times to day and toes the clock face change option, none of which have worked. It’s still syncing, charging and vibrating just no screen. Any ideas please on how to fix this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi @Corinne82, welcome on board. It's good that the community is growing!

Thanks for letting me know about the Charge 3, as well for the steps tried prior posting. Let's work on this together. Just to confirm, by hard reset do you mean the restart process? Since you've tried changing the clock face, please try performing a long restart with the following steps:

1. Plug your device back into the charging cable and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  2. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  3. The device turns off.
  4. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  5. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  6. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Keep me posted. Woman Happy

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for your response and instructions, I have tried this and it has not worked. After the 15 seconds the screen did not show anything, no battery icon. There were no further vibrations after the 15 seconds either. I can’t tell if it turned off and on at all. Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm.in the same boat! Tried resetting and hard resetting and changing clock faces multiple times but not a smiley face to be seen!  Anyone have ideas is like to know took please x only had the charge 3 since June! Also just updated the firmware and still nothing!!!

Best Answer

Hi @Corinne82, I'm glad to see you here. @Mamgu2, welcome to the Community!

You did a fantastic job with the troubleshooting steps, and thanks for keeping me updated. I'm sorry that your Charge 3 devices are still not working correctly, and I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case on your behalf. You'll receive an email with more details, keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LizzieFitbit, thank you for your help. I’ll keep an eye out for an email then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Corinne82. it's nice to see you here again.

You're welcome, and thanks for keeping me updated. Your case is on good hands, and be sure to check your inbox, spam and junk folders so you can receive their email. In the meantime, let me invite you to our Discussion Board where you can make new friends, create topics and share your experience while reaching your goals.

Catch you later! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I just noticed my screen is blank.  I can feel it working. I'll try a hard reset later. If it doesnt work. Suggestions???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem.  Multiple clock face changes, I’ve lost out of the plug in and hold the button resets.  Lots of little “blipping” vibrations but nothing on screen and no long vibrations.  No lines, no faces, zippo!  

Best Answer

I thought I would add my issues to the story. I have tried to hard start my Fitbit the last two days and the screen image is not showing up. It has been doing this the last 3 weeks and I have been able to get the screen back up. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Having the same problem, screen went blank two days ago and have had it plugged in since then even though I knew it wasn’t dead, finally unplugged it’s today and still not working, have tried resetting and changing clock face several times but I just keep getting little vibrations, please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m the spouse of ACbird. She’s one frustrated Charge 3 Fitbitter. After other steps (cleaning contacts, using our Mac’s USB port, doing the 8 second hold-down) she’s still seeing only a blank screen. We completed the same long restart process and we also continue to have a blank screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with my Charge 3 running Firmware version: 28.20001.63.5: none of the resets worked, and the screen remained blank.  When I pressed the side button, it buzzed.  Charging had no effect.  I figured it might "reboot" if it the battery was completely discharged so I clamped the charging clip on and fastened it with another clamp so it was continuously buzzing.  I left it that way overnight.  The next day I disconnected the charging clip and left it alone for another day.  This afternoon I plugged the charger back in, connected it to the Charge 3, and the smiley face appeared.  I left it charging for a while and noticed that it had re-synced with my phone.  If you have not had any luck with the reboot processes and your Charge 3 still buzzes when the side button is pressed, try discharging the battery completely and see if your Charge 3 recovers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jsehoule@Kaw2019@Skalka1979@Awinkel4614@ACbird and @EPD85395. It's good that the community is growing! I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@jsehoule, and @Skalka1979, thanks for joining this thread and sharing that your Charge 3 isn't working correctly. Just to confirm, by hard reset do you mean to have tried the restart? If so, please try the other steps described in my previous post.

@Kaw2019 and @Awinkel4614, I'm sorry that you've had the same experience with your devices. You did a great job with the troubleshooting steps, and thanks for letting me know the outcome. I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf. You'll receive more details via email, keep an eye on your inbox.

@ACbird and @EPD85395, thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 devices, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already provided you with assistance. I'd recommend to continue working with them, so you can receive more details.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Lizzie for addressing this issue.  I have been contacted by the support team and a replacement is on its way.  Great service so far!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzy,

Before I posted the reply, I have tried to restart my fitbit mention in your post. I have also let my fitbit die to see if that would help. I'm still having the issues of no display screen on the fitbit after multiple times of restarting it. I haven't had any luck in getting any display image in the last two weeks. Thanks

Skalka1979

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get in touch with Fit bit support they were very helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery finally stopped holding a charge.  I have officially declared it dead.  I already received my replacement...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kaw2019@Skalka1979@Mamgu2 and @EPD85395. It's always great to see you around. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@Kaw2019 and @Mamgu2, I'm glad that you had an outstanding experience with our team. @EPD85395, thanks you also for letting me know that you got your replacement. I appreciate your help and I hope you can crush your steps with your new device!

@Skalka1979, thanks for confirming that you've tried the steps from my post. You did a good job! Since your Charge 3's screen isn't responding I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case on your behalf. You should be getting a reply soon.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you SO much! I love my fit bit and the screen froze on the clock and would not move and i was almost in tears, and this truly helped, what a relief!  

Best Answer
0 Votes