Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen white

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen has gone almost entirely white. Reset does not work. Tried multiple times. Looks like screen burn? Device is less than 3 months old. Can’t send image from my phone. Please help. Very disappointed! 

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

That is exactly what happened to mine! Screen went white, then noticed battery dies and needs recharging more often and screen became unresponsive.

I swear there’s something wrong with the charge 3 model!! I only had this fitbit for 3 months before it did this! 

Phone the customer support number and talk to a rep! That’s the only thing that worked for me. I left Facebook messages and they took forever to respond so I called. My tracker has been replaced, just came in the mail so today’s the first day wearing it. We’ll see how long it lasts before the same thing happens

Best Answer

I wish they would send me a new replacement but they only offered me a 25% discount toward a new Fitbit product (excluding the charge 4).  That’s an insulting!!!  I hate Fitbit!  They always have some issues right after one year warranty is expired!!!

Best Answer

I had the same issue. fitbit doesnt want to replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen to my versa 2 has been white since yesterday.  It is still connected to my phone but I can see anything on my screen.  I tried restarting my Fitbit and phone. I made sure my app was up to date

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All

I woke this morning and my screen was white I did a reset it went normal for a while but now back white.  It is a year and three months old.  I have also tried changing the clock face, any other ideas of what to do  would be great.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this issue with my first Fitbit Charge 3 which the store replaced after only six months of use. Now my second Charge 3 has this fault after only nine months. 

I went to Fitbit because of their sleek designs and I became increasingly weary of Samsungs ever increasing size of their watches. That said, neither of my two Gears malfunction during each of their two plus years of use.

Seeing this thread I filed a report to Fitbit service center the 12th of June and haven't heard back from them yet. That is rather unacceptable, Covid-19 or not.

If i haven't heard from them as of the 12th of July I'm deleting my Fitbit account and that will be my last contact with this company and community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

It did take a little while for a reply and like you I was wondering what happened but since the first reply it has been sorted very quick and my watch is being replaced and the order has gone through within 12 hours of me sending the required information.  Hang in there it must be annoying that this has happened to two watches but you should get some news soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to my Charge 3 today, just emailed support after trying the resetting and clock face things.

This is already a replacement Charge 3 as the first one died completely after about 9 months, and this is happening 9 months after that. Hoping for another replacement since I'm still in the 2 year EEA warranty.

In the past I've owned a Flex and a Charge 2 HR, neither lasted much beyond a year. As bad as it is Fitbits are basically disposable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem that I can’t resolve. Am I able to return the watch for a replacement?

Thanks

Alex

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're within warranty then yes, you'll be offered a replacement or money off a newer model.

Mine was replaced within a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was also replaced. You should know that I waited over a month without reply from them (which I find unacceptable, Covid or not) and finally I had to call them.

Also if you want to opt for a discount it will not cover newer product such as a Charge 4. So essentially you are opting to pay a discounted price for a sub par product.

I cannot count the number of times I hovered the buy button over Fitbit's competition, because to be honest, two broken watches that didn't last a year? That ain't quality. Also not answering a support mail within A MONTH?! That is not costumer care.

I will give this replacement a chance but if this also breaks within a year I will judge all Fitbit products as the worst.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s exactly how my screen started looking this week!! Any updates on solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LillyC!

As I stated above, all those things you should keep in mind. My tip for you is to call their support as I didn't receive an answer to my support mail in a months time but got help as soon as I called. They will walk you through a quick test process and then you will hopefully be eligible for a replacement. My shipped to me within a week, from Netherlands to Sweden. I guess that depends on your region. If my new one keep from failing within six months I will upgrade to a Charge 4 as my original plan was to change every 24 months anyway. 

With that said I think they should include Charge 4 at a discounted price as an option as now you are basically forced between a downgrade or the same one that has been failing so many of us.

I know I sound like a cranky unlikeable person, I'm really not (at least according to my self). But I think it is due to me having problems with two Charge 3 and I do want to love them as when they do work they are the perfect fit for me...

Best Answer
I got a quick response on Twitter actually.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for all the advice!! You do not sound cranky and you sound
likeable 🙂 Greetings from North Carolina!
Best Answer
0 Votes
None! I had to buy a new one as over 12 months old
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have had my Fitbit for about a year and a half and a few months ago I noticed that I had what looked like burn in on my Charge 3 as well. I read on the Fitbit website that they would not take exchanges at this time because of the pandemic, but I have yet to find a way to fix this. I have tried restarting, updating my Fitbit, clearing the user data, resyncing to my phone, and changing clock faces. I have not done anything to cause this since I try to be as careful with it as possible. Please help. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just called fitbit and explained my problem. They sent me a warranty
fitbit. The people I talked to were really nice and it got to me within
five days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Tried rebooting, updating, and changing clock face. Any other suggestions? Only had watch about a year 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jgorman2, If it is less than a year, I suggest you contact them soon. I had mine for a year and 2 months. I contacted Fitbit yesterday by chat and their response was that they could only offer me a discount to buy a new one. No repair options. Just throw it away and lose your money. I wonder if it is time for me to switch to Apple. 
I’m so disappointed with their Customer Support 😞

Best Answer