Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been successfully using a charge 3 for years now and I average over  17,000 steps everyday.  Anyhow, suddenly, it stopped connecting to my bluetooth and synching.  It is very frustrating.  I have tried turning things off and on and nothing helps to activate it.  I even loaded an update to IOS in case that was the problem.  Bluetooth works in my car though so..........  Help please

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@toniinboston I hope you're doing well!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not syncing with your phone and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. You can try the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@toniinboston I hope you're doing well!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not syncing with your phone and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. You can try the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!  TYTYTY.  That worked well.  I am back in business here.  That was very frustrating so I am so glad
that I reached out. 
Have a great Veterans Day everyone. 
Best Answer

@toniinboston thank you for your update.

Really happy to hear that your tracker is working now after trying my suggestions. Keep up the great work you have done until now so you can reach your fitness goals. Also happy veterans day to you too.

Happy stepping and stay safe!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I tried rebooting my charge 3 and I also went into my Bluetooth settings and forgot the device. Went into the fitbit app to re sync and now the fitbit app won't even recognize that my charge 3 is there. Also, I have been getting little black lines all across the screen and I've tried rebooting my device and changing the clock face but nothing has helped with that either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found it impossible to sync my Charge 3. I found that if I restarted my watch as a NEW one and re pared with my Android phone that all was well again. Ed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to restart my device,  it didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The syncing and connecting process has absolutely degraded since the recent...change. Syncing now takes much longer and I'm patronizingly instructed to "Sit tight! Taking a while..." as who knows what data is being uploaded.

Also, connecting to exercise now cues Fitbit to insist I change the connection setting to "Always" when "Only while using" worked just fine before.This pops up every time. It never did before.

Practically speaking to your issue, I have tried the suggestions offered here and they never work consistentl

• I have rebooted the watch;
  • I have rebooted the watch and forced closure of the app;
  • I have turned off the wifi and blue tooth and turned them back on.
  • I have rebooted the watch, forced closure, turned off the wifi and bluetooth.

The only thing that works for me is to turn off the phone and turn it back on as Alvaro suggested. And even that has failed on occasion. I still continue to get the insistent prompt to turn my Fitbit setting to "Always."

Luckily, I have found a simple solution. My Series 3 is arriving Wednesday.

I wish you well, but you should consider bailing for "connection" reasons other than the one you are having.

Best Answer