Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing and screen issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed white lines on my fitbit Charge 3 yesterday, and thought it was maybe some dirt. However, the lines have been there all day. I went on some forums and tried some of the troubleshooting suggestions (turn off fitbit, change clock face, etc.). However, when I went to change the clock face, I noticed I am no having syncing issues with my fitbit. Again, I tried turning off and on my bluetooth, turning off and on my internet, closing the app, logging out and logging back in, and turning off and on my phone. I did all of these steps numerous times and in different orders each time, to no avail. Therefore, I am also unable to change my clock face since the app is not syncing with my fitbit. I've also lately noticed that on some random days it will track me walking far more steps than normal, when no added physical activity is in my day. Needless to say, I am getting very frustrated with this device.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @mhynson, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear about the screen, syncing and clock face issues that your Charge 3 has experienced. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try a long restart. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  8. Try setting up your tracker from scratch.
  9. Finally, make sure that you are following the steps listed in this help article, when trying to change the clock face and see if the issues get fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I already did this and the lines are still showing up. My watch
finally synced, so I guess that part is fixed. However, I'm still seeing
the white lines at the top of my fitbit after following all of the other
steps.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mhynson thank you for troubleshooting the issue following our previous suggestions. 

Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes