Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222
Yes that's the same as me
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my LG V30plus. All of my other Bluetooth devices are working properly and I can send files via Bluetooth to my MacBook with no problems! I tried using my LG G Pad tablet to sync and it won't work either. I do have insurance on it so I may be returning it!

Update

I have an iPad Mini 4 and I finally got it to Pair with it but now it won't sync, the Fitbit App keeps saying It's "Looking for the Device" but of course I have it right next to it! This is frustrating attempting to sync the Fitbit with 3 different devices and no luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. I exchanged the device for another charge 3 since it was less than 30days old. The new one works perfectly! Customer service was also very helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased mines from QVC but I did also get the Squaretrade insurance so I guess I will be contacting them and returning the device.

Another Update! 

I contacted the Live Chat and it turns out that I needed to update the Fitbit App on my iPad! I don't have automatic Updates on it. The agent was very helpful! Everyone make sure the Fitbit App is up to date! And it looks like if you have an LG smartphone you may have to continue to sync it with an iPad, tablet or your Laptop with the dongle since the Agent said my LG V30 Plus isn't compatible.

Best Answer

I've had the Charge 3 for about 1 month.  It just stopped syncing.  I've tried all the fixes.  It won't sync on my phone or on my computer.  It's driving me crazy.

Best Answer
I have bitten the bullet and sending it back!!.... Note to self believe the
reviews!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an iPad I have an iPhone and for a while it was working on the iPhone and now it's doing the same thing same MO. I had never had a problem with a Fitbit charge before so I didn't even think to get insurance so I can return it. 😖

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe there is an update in the App Store? Please check! And I think if you purchased it less than a month ago and have the receipt you should be able to return it to Fitbit!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought mine on Amazon so returning it and getting a new one sent... Let's
see if it works any better!!! I don't hold out much hope....
Best Answer

Massive sync issues with new Fitbit charge 3— with android google pixel phone

anyone facing these?

today will sync after 10 tries and then yesterday’s data gets deleted

what a nuisance this new charger has been

1 and 2 didn’t have these problems

admins?? 

Best Answer

Question , I am trying to sync my fitbit on my computer , can anyone tell me how to do that ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having issues with my second Charge 3 I've finally found out how to never have issues with Syncing and accuracy again. I took this charge 3 back too and got an entirely different device. I got an ionic on special. This one syncs every time and my average steps have dropped from 20000/day to 11500/day.  Much better watch than the charge 3. I persevered with Fitbit because I refused to believe that they could be this crap. The Ionic so far seems to work as reliably as all the Garmin I've had but the software fitness analytics is far superior on the Garmin. I guess I better change forum's now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep,  I returned mine too.  I was within 30 days and it was driving me crazy.  I'll get a new tracker eventually but I'm going to wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my 2nd FitBit Charge3. I am so frustrated with it! I sent the first one back because it kept failing to sync. It would work for awhile and then would not, randomly. At first, I trouble shot with rebooting and resetting it. It would sync for awhile and quit. Called FitBit 4 times, and each time they took me through the process to reset and get it to sync, but it never stayed. I returned that FitBit thinking it was a ”lemon”, and just got a new one 2 days ago and it just started doing the same thing. I have an iPhone 6S+. I’m so **ahem** mad at this I’m ready to throw the thing out the window!!

Best Answer

I didn't think it was possible but yours might be worse than mine! I haven't had any data disappear but it simply won't sync right. I never had problems with 1 or 2 like this either. What a disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Yeah, I’m ready to send this one back if it continues like this. It is such a disappointment.😟

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi all, i too have syncing issues with my charge 3, i previously had a blaze and found that very stable. 

The charge 3 worked fine for about 3 weeks then it started to become intermittent in its syncing, and it has not now not synced for 3 days. I have a LG V30 mobile and a Samsung A10 tablet and the issue is on both. I see that neither for these devices are supported. Is there any plan to get these devices supported in the future? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an IPhone so I have not paid attention to Fit Bits plans. All I can say is that this Charge 3 needs work!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have since cured my syncing issues.

I removed the charge 3 from the fitbit app and then added it again. 

Put in the new bluetooth code, it set it up as normal, and appears to be working, getting notifications and dashboard is being updated.

I dont know how long this will continue? Will keep you posted. 

Best Answer
Thanks. I think I’ll try that if this happens again. I know last time it wouldn’t sink I shut down my phone before I reset the FitBit from the watch. It’s been working ok right now. Fingers crossed. Please keep us posted! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes