Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

Thanks for stopping by @Ketalz! Sorry to hear about the syncing difficulties you've been having with your Charge 3. While reading your post I was wondering if the Ace is still linked to your account? You can connect multiple trackers to your device. For instructions on how to sync multiple trackers, see How do I sync Ace with my device? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Also, please make sure that your LG phone is included at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? 

Hi there @jmahma! Please follow the tips and recommendations at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. If you're also having discrepancies with your Charge 3, see: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

I'm glad to hear our Customer Support helped you out @carnaa and @imia345

Welcome to the Community @Cryptosky7 and @ZiggyP! Thanks for already troubleshooting this issue, nice way to go! First of all, please make sure that your phones are included at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If so, please make sure you've followed these troubleshooting steps.

Welcome here @trwade09! I've seen that you've been in touch with our Customer Support Team. You're in good hands! 

Hi there @07vstrom! I'm glad to hear you got a Fitbit Ionic. It's great to know you're having a great experience so far. I have both, the Ionic and Charge 3 and I like both of them! 

Welcome on board! I'm glad to hear you're getting a replacement @Denver1974! Don't hesitate to let me know if you need assistance! 

Hello @dr2mom! Sorry to hear you're still having syncing difficulties. I'd recommend replying back to your support case. Our team will be more than glad to further assist! 

Hi @craigyrock! Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Welcome on board @Jackeverette! You can find if yours is listed at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? 

Hello @Carelis! If you're experiencing syncing difficulties, please see: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ace was never a problem and I know and connect everything. Until the charge 3 I have never had a problem with any phone synching to any fitbit I have had. (All LGs). I now have my child's Ace on a tablet not that I needed to move it as it was working fine. My Charge 3 went to the point of still kinda working with NO DISPLAY. A week and a half later screen just came back. I took off my LG phone and put on my iPhone. It worked correctly for about a week or so then back to similar issues. It is synching manually. Cannot use continuous. Sometimes says No Bluetooth etc... No text messages or calls showing up anymore. It's just a big disappointment. At least my mom is happy with the old Charge 2 I gave her of mine. And hey..the display is back.

Best Answer
I've gone through that process meticulously, multiple times. I've also
talked to techs twice, and although we got things working, the Bluetooth
randomly and sporadically stopping syncing. I just keep re-booting and it
works for a bit. My phone apparently isn't compatible, but I've had Charge
2 and a One and never had any issues whatsoever.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Ketalz! Since the syncing issue is still happening, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Hey there @Carelis! If you're having Bluetooth connection issues, I'd recommend taking a look at: please see: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Is your mobile phone compatible with the Fitbit app? You can see our list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If the steps doesn't work, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

Hope that helps, keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've already done all if those multiple times.
Best Answer

Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided @CarelisI have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding this situation. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. 

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Charge 3 about 10 days ago. No trouble pairing and syncing with my IPhone 6s until a couple of days ago. For the last 3 mornings I've had to follow the troubleshooting to unlink, restart, re-pair, force close, log out, log back in, re-link and it's still not syncing, displaying my heart rate in the app, updating sleep. It doesn't record steps while water walking. Overall very disappointed. I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend over an hour every morning trying unsuccessfully to get the tracker/app to do what my previous Fitbit (mostly) did without any problem. I'm over it and will be returning it for a refund. 

Best Answer
I’m with you!! I continue to have to reboot once, if not twice a day. Have the same IPhone as you do. I’m on my second “new” Charge 3 which I originally received as a gift. Went through all the nonsense with getting help with FitBit CS online, to no avail on the first one. I’m pretty much discouraged by how this thing keeps losing the Bluetooth. It’s not rocket science, for heaven’s sake!! Fed Up!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone

Fitbit Customer service sent me a replacement free of charge and the new one works perfectly. It’s been 2 months and I have not had any syncing issues. It makes me wonder if it’s a quality control issue.
Best Answer

Thanks for that, did you have to send the old one back for fault testing? How did you initially contact them? This is my fourth Fitbit upgrade and I've never had this ongoing issue before. I'm just at my wits end. Even now, I get reminders to move even though I turned them off. Lost all my data since yesterday. 😞 I just went in, get the pop up message Bluetooth pairing failed  but it IS paired. Grrr!

Best Answer

I have had the charge 3 since Xmas and it won’t sync or will randomly . When I pull it down it acts like it will sync but then just says connected and still nothing on my iPhone .  I have done all the trouble shooting tips and still nothing . 

Best Answer

I've emailed Customer Support stating I've followed all their suggestions but I still have issues. It's so disappointing and certainly not what we paid for!

Best Answer

How can you get a device added to the list? I have had my charge 3 for a fee weeks and everything was working great until 3 days ago when it starting having syncing issues .I have an LG V20 

Best Answer

When are the syncing issues going to be resolved with the Charge 3? This is getting ridiculous. It’s hit or miss if it syncs. I’ve had it since December and nothing has been resolved. I’ve tried all of the trouble shooting steps and it’s still not syncing. But then it will sync after trying a bunch of times. Not impressed at all with this Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I've had the Charge 3 since Christmas and it's had syncing issues the entire time, but now it's even worse.  I had the Charge 2 previously with no issues.  Same phone the entire time, so that's not the issue.

The Charge 3 was tracking steps, but the hourly goals only showed for the current day.  All previous days showed 0.  Now it shows 0 for the current day too.  That's NOT a fix!  Now it shows 0 for all previous days for steps too, even though obviously I get steps every day.  Really defeats the purpose of wearing it.  No motivation to hit my daily goal if it's only going to show 0 anyway.  Might as well just wear a regular watch!  I thought the Fitbit trackers were supposed to be really good.  Guess not.  At least not this model.

Best Answer
Totally agree. There’s definitely something wrong with this Charge 3 model! It needs work! So aggravating!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have had problems with my Charge 3 not syncing or being recognized in the bluetooth. I tried like everyone suggested rebooting by pressing and holding the button for 8 seconds until the smiley face appeared and that did nothing. I also cleared user data as people suggested and though this worked it was not good to have to erase everything I had recorded/logged.

I then suddenly found a solution that has worked every time I have the problem with the syncing which happens on average every other day. My solution that worked was:

-swipe your screen left until you reach 'settings'
-select 'settings'
-swipe up until your see 'about'
-select 'about'
-swipe up until you reach 'reboot device'
-select 'reboot device'

This then reboots the charge 3 - wait until the charge 3 has finished rebooting and then turn your bluetooth off and then on again. Hopefully like me your charge will be able to sync/be recognized. 

Best Answer
I did that a bunch of times, did a "hard" reboot, unpaired, paired
(although after I "unpaired," it wouldn't"re-pair" again for a few days),
experimented with turning Bluetooth on and off, and any number of
combinations/permutations of any and all of the above. None worked
reliably. Unpaired other Bluetooth devices, as well. Didn't work. Good
luck. Problem is, sometimes something works and you don't really know if it
was what you did, or just the Charge 3 deciding to go to work that day.
I've traveled throughout Italy and it seemed to work fairly consistently
(as consistently as it ever has), yet while I was in Mexico, Bluetooth had
to be rebooted every time I tried to track my activities. It actually
didn't work at all the first few days and I lost 2-3 days if data. And the
last few days, I couldn't get my resting heart rate. So, I sympathize with
everyone having issues. Yes, my phone is an LG and isn't"on the list", but
it worked just fine with One and Charge 2. Charge 3 is glitchy. Period.
Best Answer

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I followed those steps and it worked! I was never able to get my phone to sync with any regularity. At least I had my iPad, which seemed to work fine. But then that stopped syncing! Now, both devices are syncing with my Charge 3. Thank you NeetyM !

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have done this. I’ve totally turned off my phone, then rebooted it, and then done the reboot on the FitBit. Works for awhile, and then I repeat when the Bluetooth fails again. Some days, it’s one or two more times. Annoying, but it works.😏

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer