Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

Last Saturday, I noticed some strange behavior on my fitbit Charge 3. I had been using my fitbit Charge 3 for about 1 month at this point with no problems.

My phone had been telling me that it had been low battery, but the fitbit was still showing around 90% battery level. I soft restarted it, and it blinked an empty battery sign before dying. Strange, because I'd plugged it in to charge the day before, and normally it lasts about 4-5 days.

I plugged it in that night to charge it to full, then put it back on.

Ever since then, it never syncs heartrate to my phone app. I do not have any heart rate logged since Saturday around when the fitbit died. Because sleep stats also works off of heartrate, I also no longer get sleep stats either.

Strangely, it can still measure heartrate on the fitbit in the moment, and seems accurate, and on Monday, it auto-recognized a 1 hr 44 min nap that I had.

It can auto-recognize and record when I'm working out and getting my heartrate up, and even logs my heartrate throughout the entire exercise then that I can see on both the phone and the web app (today). It is literally able to auto-recognize, record, and sync heart rate for the exercise, yet I can't see any heartrate or sleep stats logged since Saturday.

It can also auto-recognize stairs, but the chart only shows 3 levels, but the listing below the charge shows 21 floors...? 

The calorie count seems to be accurate, burning more calories when I am working out and less when I'm still.

The lights all seem to shine and work correctly.

Things I have already tried:
- wearing it on a different arm
- wearing it higher/lower

- (just a comment, but all of these features were working before it 'died' on Saturday, so I know I was wearing it correctly before then)
- soft restarting the fitbit charge 3 from the fitbit's settings menu

- unpair the fitbit charge 3 from my phone app

- re-pair the fitbit charge 3 from my phone app (did this twice)

- doing a hard reset of the fitbit charge 3 (and subsequently losing unsynced data)

- going into the app menu to sync the fitbit

- restarting phone

- turning on and off and on the 'heartrate' setting on the fitbit

- my fitbit has never been submersed in water. I live in a relatively dry area, so I do not believe humidity is the problem. My fitbit has never been washed with soap.

- making sure my phone app is up to the latest version

- uninstalling app, restarting phone, reinstalling app

Support fellows, please don't respond with a canned response. I've read through and followed the instructions of several posts already. If there is seriously something that I haven't tried, please let me know, but otherwise, this is beginning to really frustrate me. Can you send me onto the next tier of support, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would suggest that you ask for a replacement. They give them if they are sure the problems are genuine and you have tried all their recommendations.

I think there isn’t a next level of support! Or I haven’t found it despite asking for it.

If they write and you reply, always assume that the back correspondence won’t be read - and so repeat everything that is relevant in your reply.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is now solved. The solution:

1. On the fitbit, turn off heartrate.
  2. On the web interface, switch sleep sensitivity from normal to sensitive.
  3. Connect the fitbit to the charger and check that it is charging.
  4. LONG RESET the fitbit by holding the button for at least 15 seconds, until the horizontal bar is filled
    1. After releasing, my fitbit stayed displaying the filled horizontal bar. I left it like that for a minute
  5. Remove the fitibt from the charger. It should reset and the load back into the main screen.
  6. On the fitbit, turn on heartrate

That's it.

Seriously.

After the long reset between turning the heartrate on and off, I could see directly that my heartrate is syncing in my phone app immediately. I've been getting sleep stats and heartrate for the past several days, and it looks accurate.

I'm very displeased with fitbit's support on my issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes