Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

Did Fitbit do an update recently?  My phone will no longer sync with the Charge 3.  I have a Moto6 which I know is not on the supported device list (why not?)  Since last week, I can not get it to sync or do any notifications.  My wife has the Alta and same phone and it works fine.  I've had the phone since Christmas and it's worked perfect up until about a week ago.  Any suggestions?  I've done all the steps that everyone recommends and nothing works...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine works as long as all devices on the account are charged.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my FitBit charge 3 for three months and the syncing issues are driving me crazy.  I’ll have a few days where everything is fine. It will sync with my iPhone XR or me iPad mini providing I remember to turn off the blue tooth of the device I’m not using.  Then it will stop.   The Charge 3 doesn’t appear in the settings.

It happens when the battery of my Carge 3 and my iPhone/iPad are charged.  I will turn everything on and off multiple times.  Nothing. And the suddenly something. Or continuing nothing. 

Quite often.  I will deinstall and reinstall. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.  Sometimes after multiple deinstalling it works.  Sometimes after I have given up and am looking for my old Charge 2, it synchs again. Oh and my software is up to date. 

This is isn’t good enough!  Such a shame as otherwise I love it.  But I am thinking about what redress I have....   

Best Answer

My replacement Charge 3 has arrived but the same issues have occurred!  It started off syncing just fine and then it lost the connection with my iPhone - my iPhone didn’t recognise it.  I’m just not prepared to go through all the hassle of installing and reinstalling.  

So I looked for my old but very reliable Charge 2 which I plan to go back to using. When I came to the deinstallation process - guess what?  The Charge 3 was back recognising my iPhone!   It just drives me nuts that you can’t rely on it.

My Charge 2 is totally reliable. I have gone back to using it.  

How is do I get my money back for the Charge 3?

Best Answer

You got a replacement? Lucky you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
No....I already had the Alta HR on the same account.  If it is charged my new Charge 3 syncs up fine.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Well, I would be lucky if it didn’t have the identical problems as the one that it replaced.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

And we'd all be lucky if Fitbit actually cared that its products don't work.

Best Answer

Same, but I just keep my old, old phone charged and if I can get that one to sync, I can usually get my other one to sync, too. They both keep needing to have Bluetooth restarted all the time, though. I gave up complaining.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, but I just keep my old, old phone charged and if I can get that one to sync, I can usually get my other one to sync, too. They both keep needing to have Bluetooth restarted all the time, though. I gave up complaining. All of it takes too much time and energy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a replacement Charge 3 from fitbit in February 2019 because of syncing issues. It was working perfectly-until a week ago when it died. The screen is black, it Wont charge, light up, vibrate or sync. I’ve done all the troubleshooting-still nothing. I’ve been a fitbit customer since the very first clip model and they’ve always been fair. I am very disappointed that this model really seams to have serious issues. Looks like I will have to make another call.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

After the latest update my Charge 3 will only sync if I actually go to the app. I have it set for all day syncing but my weekly reports are off if I don't physically go to the app every single day to sync. That is only since the last update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your suggestion of forcing stopping the app. Worked perfectly. I had tried everything else. Forgot my phone had an update the same time it quit syncing. 

Best Answer
After losing connection for 6 months, My Charge 3 finally reattached to my phone ... for a whole 2 weeks!?? Then they lost one another. Charge 3 lost time and refused to reconnect.
There’s supposed to be a new update ... but my I-phone and my Charge 3 can no longer find each other.
No way am I going to disconnect them again.

What next?
I’ve owned a Charge 3 for 7 months.
It’s worked for around 8 weeks of that time.
Waste of money!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

This is just another bullsh*t response from Fitbit. It's time to take our issues to consumer advocates. Choose your favorite and get the word out: Fitbit made a turkey and they won't take care of it for users.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea, I paid for it... can't send it back to QVC, so it just sits there.
Total waste of money....
Tracy
Best Answer
0 Votes

this forum just popped up in my email this morning. It's been nearly 12 months since I posted about the charge 3 issues. I can't believe people are still buying them, and I can't believe Fitbit haven't fixed the issues in software! It's unfortunate that people buy these and THEN find the forum telling them how they may have wasted their money. If you are contemplating getting a smart watch, just don't get a charge 3!! JUST DON'T!

If you want a pretty watch by all means get a different Fitbit or an Apple or a Samsung or something else. I got an Ionic because I wanted a dedicated GPS (not connected to a phone). It has worked pretty well for about 9-10 months so far.

If you want a proper sports watch with smart watch capabilities just get a Garmin. They'll still crap themselves around the same time as the warranty ends but at least they'll work in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I suggest that you and everyone with one of these faulty devices contact a
consumer advocate. I will be contacting Clark Howard on Monday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! I have my Fitbit Charge 3 for a year. It was working really good for a few months, but in the last 3-4 moonths it has stopped syncing or do it really slow. I restarted the Fitbit, my phone (Sony Xperia XZ2) it was worked for a while like that but in the last 2 times doesen't. So i reconnected the Fitbit, it worked again, but to tell you the trouth it should not have to go this way, its way too expensive to afford this kind of mistales. I hope you can write some normal resolutions, or at least refresh the app to delete theese errors. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, it looks as though you might think I am with the company. I am actually a fitbit user that posted a syncing issue with my Charge 3.
Best Answer
0 Votes