Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

The same thing happened to me, exactly. In fact, I thought I may have written that☺️

Best Answer

Hey @V75 and @Carelis, thanks for your participation in the Community.

@V75I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@Carelis, upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already created a case with them, I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. Just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having continual syncing issues. Is there a time that we should expect a fix for this issue???

Best Answer

I also heard back from them and followed their instructions.

as usual, it found my tracker very quickly and tried to connect.

20 minutes later, it was still trying to connect. 

Another 30 minutes, same story!

Blooming thing won’t connect. Still a piece of junk!

All my other Fitbit’s will disconnect and reconnect- not this one!

Hate it!

Best Answer

After chatting with a tech and not being able to re-set up my Charge 3 using the charging cable because none of my Windows 10 computers could find the Charge 3, despite having Bluetooth on my computer, I booted up my Xperia Z3, which is on the list of approved devices. I am currently wearing 3 Fitbit devices and something is syncing, but what the devices say and what my phones are both syncing to are not the same. I can only conclude that some of the Charge 3 data got lost since that's the only one I've been wearing continually. It is not paired with my Xperia since the Xperia can't find it with Bluetooth. So, once again, I say that there is something wrong with the Bluetooth connection with the Charge 3. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Carelis  and @elaineheck143! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit customer service and devices. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

I've seen that our support team has been working with you both with the syncing issues. Please feel free to reply back to your support case if you need further assistance.

If there's anything else we may do to assist in the meantime, let us know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, but they’re still getting us to jump through thousands of hoops to get anywhere... and it’s still patronising!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello there @elaineheck143! I totally understand where your concern is coming from. I've updated your support case so they can move forward with the steps provided. 

Hope you have a nice day!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to toss my hat into the ring. I bought the Charge 3 3 weeks ago. It seemed fine at first but I started noticing it wasn't showing notifications. Then I found it would only sync intermittently. I've followed all the advice in this and other threads regarding force stopping the app, turning off and on bluetooth, rebooting the Charge 3, etc. with no real improvement. Today, it was acting up and I tried something different by trying to change the watch face. It acted for a minute like it would work but then an error message appeared on the Charge 3 screen saying there was a problem and to retry. It wouldn't connect again after that, even after a "factory reset" on the device. It still showed the error message. I returned it to the store for an exchange. If this one is no better I'll return it and find another tracker that will actually work.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Starkle! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. I'm glad to hear that you got a new Charge 3.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Please don't hesitate to ping me out if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my replacement Charge 3. Fingers crossed🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, Marre.

I am a Fitbit owner who has posted regarding syncing issues from the first week I bought the Charge 3.  After doing the recommended fixes a dozen or so times and working with tech support, I finally accepted that it would always be an issue and I would have to force sync the device every time I wanted to see data on my phone.  I accepted that ... though not happily. 

Then tonight something really bizarre happened on my Charge 3.  Around 9:20 pm Eastern time, it literally zeroed out everything I had done today and advanced the date to tomorrow!  I moved it from screen to screen to see if it would correct itself.  It did not.  So I went to my phone app for Fitbit to see what it would say.  To my amazement, it too had advanced to the next day!!

I called tech support and encountered the most rude CSR I have ever spoken to.  She was very condescending and without acknowledging the problem, she runs through telling me to update the software.  In the meantime, before I updated anything, my Charge 3 reverted back to the right date and returned my data for the day.  I'm trying to tell her what was going on and she spoke over me constantly finally says that's what happens when customers don't manually update their software.  She needs to be retrained in how to speak to customers in a professional manner.  My past experiences with your tech support has been great, even though the problem was not fixed.  I knew it was a problem with the device, not the recommendations by the CSR.  They were only trying to do there job.  But this person was downright rude and should not be customer facing.

Best Answer

Yay! I'm super happy to hear that your new Charge 3 just arrived @CarelisWoman Very Happy Thanks for keeping ups updated. 

Hi @PStall! Sorry to hear about your experience with the Support Team last night. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

I'm glad to hear that your Charge 3 went back to normal at the end. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist. I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are we all getting replacements?
I’ve not heard anything for over a week!
Elaine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, Marre.  I appreciate the response.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

After only 2 days with the new Charge 3 it's going back to the store. I'm not going to waste my time resetting, rebooting, reconnecting and reinstalling for 30+minutes every time I want my device to sync. I considered getting a Versa as I am already in the Fitbit ecosystem with other devices but it appears, from the forums, that the Versa has similar issues. This leads me to think there is an issue with the radios in the new Fitbit devices. It looks like it's time to explore other options. 

Best Answer

Considering this seems to be an issue throughout the forum, can we get an estimate on where FitBit is in terms of troubleshooting the source of said issue, instead of having to create workarounds for it? Having to lose my data once a week just to sync with my phone is far from ideal, and just because the watch decides to start working again for a time does not mean the issue is corrected. Considering how much people are spending, we should expect a reliable product, correct? My watch shouldn't refuse to sync with my phone whenever your phone app updates. If I need a software update for the watch as well, that's fine, but mention that in the bug fix section, and tell users where to, and how to obtain the update. It should not be this complicated to get a watch to function properly. It's not new technology, considering you've named this one 'Charge 3'.

Best Answer

Agreed with the above post that we need an actual response from Fitbit the company on this. My Charge 3 barely works. It's set to "All Day Sync" … but the last sync was March 28 at 1 pm, nearly a week ago at this point. I try all the solutions that won't delete my data, but now the "hold the button down for 8 seconds so the Fitbit will restart" solution doesn't work as the button releases within a second no matter how hard I press it. I try turning Bluetooth on and off again, no dice. And if I need to factory reset it to get it to sync, what's the point? I wear this to keep and use the data, so if I lose it, why use it?

It's appalling to me that this is such a known issue for months and that Fitbit hasn't issued a meaningful fix. I'm going to wait one week for a response from the company, then it's back to the store and never buying a Fitbit again.

Best Answer

I have found that I must keep my Alta HR charged for my Charge 3 to sync timely on it's own.  I want to keep them both on the same account so I can alternate if I want to.

Best Answer

For the last 5 weeks, I have only heard from Customer Service when I have reminded them that I am still here and that I still have a piece of non-functional and extremely expensive rubbish sitting on my desk.

They clearly can’t be bothered.

And they call this customer service?

If they don’t act quickly, I will be voting with my feet.

Best Answer