Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222
Seems to have been a programming glitch. I exchanged the defective Charge 3 for a new one and this one works like a charm! I suggest anyone having syncing issues to contact customer support. I called and spoke with someone and also used email to report the problem. They were attentive and sent me a new device that works!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Already did that.☹️ The new one worked correctly for two whole days! Then I had to reset The FitBit two or three times. Then I decided before it did it again I would completely shut down my IPhone 6+ S and then reset. So far it’s been ok. But time will tell.🙏

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh no! I think it's time for a firmware update for the Fitbit Charge 3! Mines is having sync issues again with my iPad Mini 4 while using the Mobile Data and WiFi data. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh no! So sorry to hear that. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know...I have read where it works for awhile then the new one goes crazy too. Mine now not only has the synching issues but the display has gone dark! It still sort of synchs but I can't see anything. I am going to get a Versa or Ionic and if more problems I am done with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure if my device is or is not on the list. The list has Samsung Galaxy Core and my device is a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, Android version 5.1.1. I have had the Charge 3 since the beginning of October 2018 and it was syncing most of the time without problem. It last synced on January 28th. I can change clock faces, but no data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, unfortunately I bought mine from QVC and it is too late to
return. I very much dislike this device , my paperwork says I have a
lifetime warranty, I may continue contacting them and keeping the responses
and then try to convince them to send me a different device.
Thank you again,
Tracy W.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s where mine was from, and was given to me as as a gift by my sister. I’m not sure when she bought it, but I was able to do an exchange after I explained how much difficulty I had with it. They sent me another one, and unfortunately this one had trouble syncing on day two. I’ve been able to reboot my IPhone and reset the FitBit when I have a problem syncing. I think I’ve had to do that about 10 times since I got the replacement last week. I’m not sure if I’m going to send this one back too and call it a day. (I had an old Flex FitBit and never had a problem with syncing.) I’m totally frustrated by it.😏
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my charge 3 today and it won't sync finds the fitbit puts in the code then goes back to the main app screen then the charge 3 comes up with the fitbit symbol then back to main screen tried all the tech fixes and nothing my charge 2 still works fine on my phone and app so why doesn't my charge 3 paying over £100 for something that isn't compatible is bull 

Best Answer
The more I hear these complaints the more I think they definitely have a bug that still needs to be fixed with this model. Ridiculous.😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Most definitely it's beyond a joke yet they won't do anything they will release another fitbit before they fix the existing issues 

Best Answer
I had similar issues right out of the box as well-very frustrating! Customer service was great and sent a replacement-it works perfectly! I think they just must be glitchy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a gift so I don't have the receipt so looks like I'm screwed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I strongly encourage you to call and talk with customer service-mine was also a gift. They made it right.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I am on the second one, and right now it fails to sync maybe every other day, but I’m able to get it to sync after I completely shut down my phone, and reboot it on the FitBit. If it gets worse, I’ll have to return it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

HI all,

After 4 days of working well using the delete charge 3 from app and set up the device again method, i found it starting to not sync again. 

I did the same again, removed the tracker from the app, and then set it up again ( it took a few times to connect?) and i am back to working again. 

I understand this is not a permanent fix and it only appears to work for me for about 4-5 days, but its better than nothing until Fitbit can address this issue that seems to affect so many people. 

By the way my phone nor tablet does not appear in the compatible device list. I am hoping that FitBit are working on adding more phones and tablets to this list? 

To be honest i have been looking at the Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch, maybe if this continues i will probably jump..

Best Answer
Yes, and in addition, I have experienced frequent Bluetooth disconnecting
while I'm out walking/hiking), and after re-starting it, the remainder of
my walk doesn't get recorded. Very annoying.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge 3 has now stopped being able to sync to my iPad Mini! I am pretty sure this is an issue that Fitbit needs to address!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

A lot of charge 3 lemons out there!  🍋

Best Answer

With all of the problems with the Charge 3; I bought my wife the Garmin watch, it is always synced and up to date versus resetting the charge 3 every few days or having to find the device again with my phone.

Best Answer