Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222
Yep, every, single time🙄
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I've tried that a few times and also Clear User Data (which loses all unsynced data but I thought would be worth it if I could get it to sync afterwards) but still have problems. 

Best Answer
Wow, so many issues! I have an iPhone 6S+ so, technically I shouldn’t be having these problems! So far the rebooting has worked for me...it’s annoying, but at least it comes back to life and everything is tracking. May have to do that 2 times a day or more. So sorry to hear you have so many problems. Maybe try to get a new one, if it isn’t too old?? It’s a lemon!! I think all Charge 3’s are 🍋 lemons!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Fingers crossed!!🤞🤞🤞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my FitBit charge 3 for three months and the syncing issues are driving me crazy.  I’ll have a few days where everything is fine. It will sync with my iPhone XR or me iPad mini providing I remember to turn off the blue tooth of the device I’m not using.  Then it will stop.   The Charge 3 doesn’t appear in the settings.

It happens when the battery of my Carge 3 and my iPhone/iPad are charged.  I will turn everything on and off multiple times.  Nothing. And the suddenly something. Or continuing nothing. 

Quite often.  I will deinstall and reinstall. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.  Sometimes after multiple deinstalling it works.  Sometimes after I have given up and am looking for my old Charge 2, it synchs again. Oh and my software is up to date. 

This is isn’t good enough!  Such a shame as otherwise I love it.  But I am thinking about what redress I have....   

Best Answer
It still may not be too late to ask for a replacement. I think everyone, and there seems to be quite a few, should complain that they received a lemon and want a replacement. I think anyone on this thread got a lemon 🍋!! I’m on my second one, and I’m having some issues, but not like the first one I had. Ridiculous for the price...IMHO they’re all 🍋🍋🍋!!! Blue tooth syncing is not new technology, so why so many problems??? Good luck, hope you get a replacement that actually works!!🤞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've emailed Customer Support end of last week so still awaiting response. Thinking of going back to my Charge HR. It's not waterproof which is the reason I upgraded...but it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok! Good luck!! 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  My Charge 3 will not link in with my i-pad pro, my i-phone (6s) or my computer  (all listed as compatible)  - which is sad, as I've only had it a few months. 

It started off fine for the first month or so, and was way more accurate than the Charge 2 that I have had to resort to and had so much more to offer.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I removed it from my Fitbit account.  The first time I did this, it was easy to reinstate; however, after the second time, it refused to connect and I am still trying to reinstate it - with absolutely no success.  Every time I try, it tells me that it has found my tracker, but goes no further.

If this had been my first experience of Fitbit, I would be slagging them off left, right and centre.  Really annoyed, as it cost a lot of money and is, basically, a piece of rubbish.  I feel that all Fitbit 3 owners should get their money back, as Fitbit have sold us a piece of rubbish.

Back to the old Charge 2, which at least works, even if it is less accurate; which needs charging much more regularly; and which is not waterproof!

Frustrated and irritated.

Best Answer
I’m with you there! They need to fix this...It’s worth nothing when it’s not working properly.😒

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yep. I have a piece of junk sitting on my desk right now! So frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Terrible.☹️ I just rebooted my phone and Charge 3 for the third time today....grrrrr. But, at least it works...sometimes.🥴

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

A little Charge 3 joke here: how many times a day do you need to restart your Bluetooth? As many times as you need it to work😒

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this syncing issue by yourselves. I would like to know if you have checked if your phones are compatibles? If you haven't, you can check this by taking a look at our help article Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?.

@Evilaido, upon checking with our support teamI was told that you have already created a case with them. Please stay tuned to your email to see the steps to follow.

@Oty01@Sjcredit@pcsmile@Carelis@V75@elaineheck143@dr2mom and @Strawberry1313, if your are having issues syncing your trackers, I recommend following the instructions provide in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?.

@carnaa@slpmartensand @NeetyM, it's great to hear that you received a replacement or that your trackers have been working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

See you around. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey. My FitBit Charge 3 isn't working either. I got it back in December and it was working fine. It stopped syncing about a week ago. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7. The Galaxy J shows up in the compatibility list but I don't know if that includes the J7. This is frustrating because it's been working fine up until now.

Best Answer
Hahahaha!! Glad you haven’t lost your sense of humor!! 😁

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
For crying out loud, obviously this was the first step that most of us have
taken when the syncing problems started to occur. After diligently
following ALL of the recommendations MULTIPLE times, I contacted a rep.
Twice. At first, it worked. Then, it didn't. Hasn't reliably worked since.
Rather, EVER. Most of us on this forum have had similar experiences and
have previously owned Fitbits. Charge 3 has problems. Stop trying to make
it seem like a stupid-user error. Fix the problem.
Best Answer

Well said .... and I totally agree.  I have become accustomed to having to force sync my Charge 3 every time I want to view stats on my phone.  

FitBit rep, can you confirm IF the IT team is working on a firmware update to correct this obvious problem?

Best Answer

TRUTH!!🙌

Best Answer

Not sure why Fitbit continues to send emails advertising their latest pieces of junk to any Charge 3 owner.  Spend the money on fixing what you already make, so the brand is not further damaged.

Best Answer