Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

Alejandra,

My “excitement” about jumping through hoops to keep my charge3 synced is not a fix. All it does is allow my phone to track steps. I do not get any notifications, sleep tracking, and activity is still hit or miss. It is simply a logging device. I can do that with a cheap pedometers! This charge 3 was a gift. Can’t return it and I have had it for months, in the hopes that Fitbit would develop a firmware update that would assist me and the plethora of others who are unable to have a fully operational device. You should have recalled this device and not rolled it out again until the bugs were fixed.  This device is flawed and Fitbit should allow everyone the opportunity to return it for a refund. Barring that option, I will not purchase from fitbit again. I can’t support a company that sends many loyal Fitbit customers in circles with no real remedy. Disappointed,

Best Answer
I have an iPhone XR. It’s compatible and the software is up to date. I’m applying for a replacement next week.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all these things again and again. The bloody thing doesn’t work!

it’s not my first Fitbit - in fact it’s my sixth - and it’s a real lemon. I’m fed up with it!

Best Answer

Oh my gosh!! On your 6th??? That’s unbelievable!! These FitBit Charge 3’s are all lemons !! 🍋 

Best Answer

In the midst of the flood of complaints about the charge 3, Fitbit sends out an email about new products??!! Seriously??!! Recall the charge 3 !!! Even in your phone compatibility list, you say : 

If you don’t find your device, but it meets the operating system requirements listed above, you will likely still be able to set up, sync and use Fitbit products.

Well, my phone did meet the operating system requirements and it still doesn’t work with any consistency. You are misleading consumers.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Exactly, you got that right!!

Best Answer

I’ve emailed them too and am still waiting for s reply. 

Well and truly fed up!

Best Answer

Exactly the reason I upgraded, too. Also, the screen on my Charge 2 cracked
across the face soon after I bought it, I didn't even smack it on anything.
Was disappointed it cracked so easily. But overall, I was happy with
performance, so I upgraded to Charge 3 and bought my daughter one, as well. She hasn't
experienced anywhere near the problems I have, but it is still Bluetooth
related. And I had bought my son a Versa, I believe, and my daughter-in-law
a different one yet. I'm starting to think that the competing Samsung and
Apple fitness trackers are looking awfully attractive.

Best Answer

My Charge 2 has a cracked screen too; another reason why I upgraded! Beginning to wish I’d gone for a Versa!

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I want to thank your participation in the Community and the efforts in trying to fix this syncing issue by yourselves. Regarding the compatibility of your phones, if you don't see your phone listed in the Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? help article, that means that your phone isn't compatible.

@EmpressK@V75@elaineheck143 and @slpmartens, if your Charge 3 aren't syncing, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there.

@dr2mom@dcb7923 and @Carelis, upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already created cases with them. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance, I know that they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

@PStall, since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

See you around. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My XR iPhone and my iPad mini 2nd and 4th generations are all compatible.

The software is up to date on all of them and on my Fitbit.

V75
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me, too!! I’m so done here!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Who knew we could be such troublemakers! 😜

Best Answer
Yup me, too.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am sure this message will be deleted as my last one was deleted without an explanation of which rule I violated. Clearly, this forum does not allow for expression of feelings. Not sure what my next step will be, but I plan to file a complaint...somewhere...I wish the rest of you the best of luck with your device. My voice won’t be silenced, just have to use another avenue. I hope Fitbit does right by all of you.

signing off

Best Answer

Alejandra,

This is the second time you have sent me this recommendation. As I said before, I have tried all these things.  At present, my Charge 3 won’t even reconnect to my phone (I-phone 6), my I-pad mini or my I-pad pro. I have tried almost daily. It is more than just a bit frustrating.  However, the last time I told you this, you deleted my post for Cross-posting! 

i have not had these problems with any of the other Fitbits that I own. They all sync in perfectly and those that are still connected still work (I have disconnected some of the older ones.)

I have always loved my fitbits, but this one has really let me down.

What more can I do?

Elaine

Best Answer

Slpmartens:

I’ve just had the same problem as you where my post regarding the post crossing has been removed. I’m sure like you that this message will get deleted but it seems they want to silence us. They ask us to contact them direct but when we have done this there is no reply. I’m done here too.

Best Answer
I did what was recommended but continue to have Bluetooth issues.
Best Answer

Hi @V75! Since the steps provided did not workplease go to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Please try linking your Charge 3 with only one device. See: Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?

Hello @slpmartens and @NeetyM! I totally understand where your concerns are coming from. Sorry to hear that some of your posts have been removed. You should've received a PM letting you know the reason of that. To prevent this to happen again, please take a look at our Community Guidelines

Hello my friend @Carelis! Please keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance, our team is more than glad to continue assisting you. 

Hi @elaineheck143I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Please! Of course, I’ve already done what you suggest. And yes, that sometimes works. But equally, quite often it doesn’t. And then you give up and wait. And sometimes it just reconnects. And sometimes, you completely de-install and re-install. And sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn’t. And then you just have to be patient and hope that whatever glitch there is will just pass.

This never happened with my Charge 2.

The Charge 3 is an unreliable product not worthy of FitBit.

Please, also remember that the people posting on this topic are not stupid. If you read my post, and those of others, you will know we have tried all the things you suggest. You need to think more carefully about the tone of your replies. A little contrition would be helpful. Sorting out the software would be better.

This is not good customer relations.
Best Answer