Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync or update on computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need to know how to update my charge but it won't connect. To my phone or my comouter

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59
That's great you got a replacement. I wasn't offered that option yet. My
Charge 3 is less than 30 days old too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently. It has a two year limited warrenty so. They should. If. They can't fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I may try them back tonight. This is BS. Since it only has a 7 day
syncing memory I'll be losing out on my activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Deffinetly do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Charge 3. I've seen that the majority has been contacted our Support Team. So, if you case hasn't been resolved yet, please keep the conversation with out team. They'll be more than glad to continue assisting you. Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Charge 3 syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android & Windows devices using Bluetooth LE wireless technology. Windows compatibility coming soon.

Syncing requires Bluetooth LE and Internet connection. Windows 10 computers that do not have Bluetooth LE will need a wireless sync donglein order to sync.

• Syncs with iOS 10 and later, Android 5.0 and later and Windows 10 devices. Check yours here.Windows compatibility coming soon.

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same problem which lasted for a couple of weeks however it has now been working properly for over a week.

I tried everything suggested on the forum to no avail including restarting the Fitbit. How it finally started working again was by me setting up the Charge 3 again from the App. I expected to lose all my data but was pleasantly surprised when it was all still there. It will ask you if you want to replace the Charge 3 already setup and I just said 'yes'. It then asks if you want to give permission to pair with the device, so just grant this. Fingers crossed, it is now synching normally all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all that and some no good 😞 my new pebble came today 🙂 I could try and see. Again in a week or so if the other one fixes it self but it's not been working for a bit so doubt it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @OzwestCoast, I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort this out. Thanks for sharing the outcome!

Hey @Cassie1987! Good to hear that your replacement is with you already. Please give it a shot and let us know how it goes. 

We'll be around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue has been going on since Nov 29 with no offer of replacement and limited help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine since late December. No offer to replace it but a simple we identified
an issue and are working on it. No time frame for resolution implied.
Highly dissatisfied!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @mgtrottier2 and @SunsetRunner, thanks for jumping in here! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. We provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

I've seen that you were sent an email today @SunsetRunner. Please reply back to that email if you have any further questions. Our team will be more than glad to further assist you. 

It seems that you @mgtrottier2 were sent an email 2 days ago with the information about the return period of your tracker. Please check your inbox and let our team know your inquires or concerns. 

If there's anything I can do in the meantime, please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This fitbit was purchased from a retail store and is outside their warranty
period. The engineers never offered to replace the unit under warranty. I
have to do a master reset on the device every 24 hours to sync causing it
to lose any and all saved data. Again, this only started happening after
the latest firmware update.

The engineers simply said they are working on a solution and provided no
time frame. So again, I am left with a $150.00 wrist watch that can tell
me the time. Are we at the point yet where we can do a warranty
replacement? Simply put, the product is not working as it is intended to.
When I go to the gym and people ask what tracker I'm using I'm to look for
a different brand. This issue has been going on since December! It's now
the second week of January!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please take a look at the history from the time I purchased directly with Fitbit on September 28 and it was delivered and setup about 2 weeks later. It worked for about a month.
Prior to this I had a Charge2 for over a year and I never had a problem. I upgraded to the Charge3 and wish I didn’t. My friend
I gave it to loves it.

Here is the ticket history, please replace my charge3 with a working new replacement please.

Re: Fitbit Phone Inquiry-Charge 3/Account Settings - #27886272 [ ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1OKzia:ref ] December 15 2018

Re: Charge 3 - Multiple Issues - #27892966 [ ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1OL9qy:ref ] November

Re: Fitbit Phone Inquiry:Charge 3 - Order - #26877063 [ ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1M8OVI:ref ] 9/28/2018

Regards,
Cmb5106

Hello cmb5106,
mgtrottier2 (Recovery Runner) posted a new reply in
Charge 3 won't sync or update on computer
on 01-10-2019 09:22

Mine since late December. No offer to replace it but a simple we identified
an issue and are working on it. No time frame for resolution implied.
Highly dissatisfied!
REPLY TO THIS POST
VOTE FOR THIS POST
If you reply directly to this email, your message won't be received. Choose reply to this post instead.
Fitbit Community sent this message to cindy.braun@gmail.com.
You are receiving this email because a new message matches
your subscription topic.

To control which emails you receive from the Fitbit Community
Manage Your Settings or Unsubscribe.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 only updated data on 1-6-19 after I un-installed watch from my phone and deleted it from my PC. Un-installed the PC dongle re-installed it all. BUT it took many hours for it to reconnect by miracle all on it's own. BUT It only updated one time and after unistalling everything a couple more times. It will not even let me reinstall it now since I deleted it again. Seems that every time I turn off the computer and turn the computer back on it forgets how to reconnect to the dongle. Dongle shows to be working perfectly. Watch is 100% charge, hanging on the cable from the USB. I loved my Charge 2 for about two years till the screen died but it still would sync data. Charge 3 was pre-ordered before they were available. Frustrating. My wife's Charge 3 is working with her phone, I don't want to buy a new phone.  KK

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sync worked in October but stopped working in November.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, @mgtrottier2 and @1Vash thanks for your participation in the Community.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the syncing issue you are experiencing with your trackers. It's great to know that some of you have already contacted our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out.

For the ones that keep having problems, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there. And as recommended, check if your phones are compatible.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would expect Fitbit Development Team takes the initiative to test the software changes with standards devices and software versions in order to guide the Fitbit support team to provide the best solutions to the Fitbit customers. It is Fitbit’s product liability and responsibility to deliver a working product to the customers. Customers like me should not bear the responsibility of testing various devices as I have been doing for over 6 weeks with no resolution.
Best Answer
I think it is absolutely absurd! My tracker has been down for a month
now. While I figured out how to get it to sync it involves doing a "master
reset" every day to get it to do it. In other words all data is lost
before it can sync. Which defeats the purpose of having the device. I'm
going to be contacting support again to try and get a replacement. I would
never recommend this product to anyone until this problem is fixed.
Best Answer

I have model Moto G 3, Android undate 6.0. People having phone problems need to search Fitbit for the exact model of phone they are having issues with! There is another thread for the Moto G 3 so I assume most other older phones will have Fitbit Users that have figured out what to do. I followed the steps other Moto G 3 users have found that works and this "fixed" the sync issue immediately. There are 7 newer versions of the Moto G series. Mine phone is obsolete now and Motorola no longer will have updates for this phone. I believe it is not the Charge 3 watch that is causing the issues it will be phone model issues or the updates for the phones, and or lack of updates. My wifes Android version 8.0 on a newer Moto phone has worked perfectly since we got them. I do love the Charge 3!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. My iPhone 5s with current iOS worked for about a month and then stopped. I have tried to sync my Ch3 with my husbands iPhone6, my new Kindle fire HD and my new laptop. I have not been able to get the device to connect with anything. Each time I get an error message, I have communicated to support. We tried all different ways over the phone, rebooting ch3, deleting and reloading the software on multiple devices. The ch3 will not communicate. It’s been at a dead end standstill. It’s a useless investment at this point.

Regards,
Cindy
Best Answer
0 Votes