Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync or update on computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need to know how to update my charge but it won't connect. To my phone or my comouter

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Hi @SunsetRunner, @1Vash, and @mgtrottier2! Thanks a lot for following the tips and recommendations provided along this thread. 

To check all the official support devices, please see: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Note that the devices on that list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

If your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, I'd recommend giving the syncing flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

However, if you do have a compatible device or computer, I recommend going to the Bluetooth settings on the phones/computers/tablets you were trying to sync with and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" for iOS and "Unpair" for Android.

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app on the compatible device, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t tried again in a few weeks. I find it odd that the charge2 worked for almost a year on my phone and when I invested and upgraded to charge3 it worked for about a month I oct-nov. I was told there was a Fitbit update made to the device in November that caused it not to no longer function. Since then I tried retried my iPhone SE, and tried setting it up new on my HP home computer, new Kindle HD, my husbands iPhone6.
None of them worked. I tried working with the support team and they also could not get it to work. I tried this online forum last and still no luck. I’ve given up. This was the worst investment I’ve ever made. There does not seem to be any product liability. Fitbit has not satisfied the problem with a working resolution, a tested working replacement or a refund. I purchased direct from Fitbit so I didn’t have the option for insurance. I used the product for about 30 days before it died. Like I said the worst investment and service I have ever experienced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner! I totally understand your point and where your concern is coming from. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

I've seen that you did not respond to the last e-mail that our Support Team has sent to you. If you need further assistance, please reply back to that e-mail. They will be more than glad to assist you with this inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience and understanding! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which email are you referring to? I responded to everything I receive from Fitbit. Please forward what I may have missed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner! I've seen that you replied to the e-mail a few minutes ago. Please keep an eye on your inbox, some will be in touch with you soon. Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

That email provided the same steps and process provided a dozen times before and does not work.

I am able to reboot the Fitbit. I request a new set up from my iPhone Fitbit app. I receive the code on the Fitbit to enter into the phone app. I enter the code. I get a message that the process  can take up to 30 minutes. I leave both devices alone and plugged in and after 30 minutes, no change. The Fitbit still shows the wrong time, wrong date. However the app on the phone is correct. It is obvious the device will not update or sync.

as I have repeatedly said before, the solutions provided do not work for this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone through all the trouble shooting suggestions with no luck of a sync since the first of Jamuary. I want a replacment or the next level up that will work properly like my last fitbit did.  This is really frustrating!!!!!!!!!   

I purchased my fitbit on Amazon after Thanksgiving and it worked well until late December early January.

Make me a happy, satisfied customer again.

slwb64@gmail.com   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally understand your point @SunsetRunner! My best recommendation is to keep the conversation with our Customer Support Team. We've provided all the suggestions in this thread in order to sort out the inconveniences you've been experiencing. Since we've exhausted the troubleshooting steps, our team will continue with the follow-up with this situation. Your understanding is truly appreciated! 

Welcome here @slwb! Thanks for already taking the time to troubleshoot these syncing difficulties. Really appreciate your efforts. 

I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your efforts.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get it to sync finally!!!
Do I need to do this every time?

Shari
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not me. My C3 will not connect to any device. It’s recognizable. Bluetooth problem and in settings it will not clear out user data no matter how many times I tried. it will only reboot but the reboot doesn’t improve its disposition. I’m waiting for my replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @slwb! It's nice to hear you're back on track. Smiley Very Happy

Yeah @SunsetRunner! Your replacement is now being processed. You’ll receive another email from fitbit.com with a link to your order status. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too got the charge 3 at Christmas and it will not sync for long I have to constantly sync it on the app and it will never send notifications. I have deleted everything and started again.. updated my I phone and the app.. nothing works. So disappointed with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Motorola phone model that is obsolete. I installed a dongle for FitBit in my computer over a year ago to help with these issues. I have found that when my Charge 3 quits syncing to my phone that I go into the phone settings and "Forget" the Charge 3. I then charge my watch using a USB port with my phone nearby. Normally within a few minutes, phone, watch and computer are all connected again. It seems to stay connected now much better but a couple of times a month I have to forget and then let it find my phone again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After my C3 was replaced I have to say I have not had any problem. It holds a charge for over a week I/O a half day, I sync each evening at bedtime and overall happy so far with its performance. I’m sure my original C3 was faulty. But this one seems fine. Let’s see what happens if there is a software upgrade. That’s when my original went crazy and never came back.

Regards,
C
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @1Vash! I'm glad to hear you've managed to sync your Charge 3. I was wondering if your Motorola is included in our list of supported devices? To check all the official support devices, please see: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Note that the devices on that list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Hello there @Babsbam! Sorry to hear about the syncing issues you've been experiencing with your Charge 3. Thanks for already following the tips and recommendations provided. I've seen that you got in touch with our Support Team after posting here. Please keep an eye on your inbox! 

Hey there @SunsetRunner! Thanks so much for letting us know your new Charge 3's behavior. I'm happy to hear you're happy so far with its performance. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I will let you know if anything changes. So far so good.

Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Moto G third generation which I believe is older than the 2014 which is supported?. So with the dongle in the computer, then on occasion if I "forget" the Charge 3 in my phone settings. The parts that I use of Fitbit data work fine for me. I love the size and feel of this watch, it does what I wanted it to do. Thanks KK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem as everyone else with a Charge 3 I purchased yesterday... I have Bluetooth LE on my Windows 10 laptop, I have updated my Bluetooth drivers, I have uninstalled and re-installed the app a half dozen times (restarting my computer and the Charge 3 in various combinations with that process), and I clearly see the Charge 3 in the list of connectable Bluetooth devices in my Bluetooth settings prompt. Is an update for the app forthcoming or should I just return this useless device and purchase a Garmin Vivosport instead? When something lists that it works with Bluetooth-enabled Windows 10 devices (written on the box), I expect it to actually work with Bluetooth-enabled Windows 10 devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit charge 3 won't sync anymore.

My email has been changed to mortbon3337@yahoo.com  Would that have anything to do with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes