Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 Stopped Working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 4 stopped dead after 17 months. The diagnostics advised by the support tech were no different from what I'd already tried from these forums. The tech was somewhat condescending in walking through the recommended troubleshooting steps. Insisted on performing steps already tried, and failed to listen to specific concerns (NO green sensor lights flashing as they should be) that might have suggested different steps. When these basic steps did not resolve, he said the matter would be sent up to a higher support level, but what actually happened is it went directly to the automated message "it's no longer under warranty, here's a 35% discount to buy a new one". It feels to me like (even though it was no longer under warranty) complete failure within 17 months of purchase is unacceptable, particularly when it seemed like more targeted effort could have been made to resolve the issue. I suspect had I still been within 12 months (where a failure would have meant a complete replacement), a greater effort to get it running again would have been expended.

From reviewing others' experiences in the forums, this seems to be less helpful than is the norm for Fitbit. When I followed up with this message - within 24 hours - I received another automated reply that my case  had been closed, since "it's been a long time since we heard from you".

Beware, the advice to 'contact tech support' might just get you more automated messages than actual support!

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

The exact same thing happened with my fitbit.  I had one that quit working after 3 months and it was replaced 15 months ago.  This one just stopped working yesterday.  I have tried all the tricks and nothing works.  It is not counting my steps and the screen is black.  I can get it back for a few minutes, but then it stops again. After reading all the comments, this seems pretty to happen often.  I am disappointed in the quality of Fitbit and in their support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. For above 1 year they will only give you a 35% discount to buy Fitbit 5 which has problems of battery life and strap coming off based on community comments So after being a hardcore fan of Fitbit for 4 versions I will leave Fitbit now.

RazakYakob
Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same with my Charge 4. Now if I press it vibrates only. Have done all steps suggested 

Best Answer

Mine is broken exactly at 24 months. First it had black stripe line on the screen, then it don't even show anything on the screen after 2 days. I am wondering it is any "timer" in the firmware to break it down....

35% off still can keep me in fitbit as there is not much alternative on the market that is not phone maker. But I hope fitbit can really focus on improving their product after bought by Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After going through all suggestions recommended re my broken Charge 4, I contacted support via chatbot.  They were very good and sent me an email with option of another Charge 4 free or 50% off any other Fitbit product. I was happy with that as Charge 4 was 18 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me what is chatbot? Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you click on contact us, a Senate window opens and you have a text conversation with a person

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG so classy of Fitbit

I asked in the Chatbox

16:20:23 Razak (.: I got a 35% discount purchasing my Fitbit Charge 5. someone else in the community recently got a 50% discount who had the same problem as mine. why is that?
16:21:14 Agent: Gremar John G.: As much as I want to answer that question, only warranty team know and decide what discount will they provide to the customer.
16:21:57 Razak (.: how do i ask the warranty team?
16:23:06 Agent: Gremar John G.: We are only allowed email the warranty team when the customer already exhaust all troubleshooting steps on his/her Fitbit device.
16:24:55 Razak (.: my problem is not troubleshooting dear
16:25:15 Razak (.: mine is way past that
16:26:41 Agent: Gremar John G.: Yeah I understand but the our protocol that we can only reach out warranty team when we are done troubleshooting.
16:27:24 Razak (.: so what do u want to troubleshoot now?
16:27:54 Agent: Gremar John G.: We are not allowed to reach them out just for the customer who only wants to ask about warranty and why does they give this discount or whatsoever.
16:29:34 Agent: Gremar John G.: If you want to ask something about discount you can also email on fitbitsupport@fitbit.com and wait for the response.
16:30:04 System: The chat is ended.
16:30:05 System: Razak (. left the chat.

and I emailed

this is the email reply

Thank you for contacting Fitbit.

Thanks for reaching out! If you have questions about your order, these are the best ways to get help fast:

Check your order confirmation email to review your purchase and shipping information.
Check your shipping confirmation email to track your package. To get specific information about delivery progress or issues, contact the carrier directly.
If you need to make changes to your order, click here <> for instructions.
Find information on our warranty policy or returns, click here  <>.

While we’re no longer offering support by email, if you don’t see what you’re looking for or need additional support, you can always chat with us online or give us a call. Click here  <>to get connected.

Sincerely,
Fitbit Support

Best Answer
0 Votes