Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 band holder broke off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was taking my Fitbit Charge 4 off one day and the Band Holder broke off. I don't know if it is even possible to fix. I only have two pieces and after watching YouTube my spring is gone. One of the screw holes has a screw in it. How am I to fix this. My Fitbit was purchased in April 2020 and the website says there is no warranty when I tried to file a claim. Now I am back to my Fitbit Charge 2 which seems to be build better than the 4.

Can anyone help me?  

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new users in the Community forums. 

Thank you for all the information provided about the inconvenience you been having with your Charge 4.

From the information you provided earlier, it seems that most users have already contacted the Support team for further assistance. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed or what options are available for you. You can get in touch with them here

Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback about this as well, all your comments regarding this inconvenience are greatly appreciated. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello @SBacheller, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, I'll be glad to help you with this. 

Thank you for all the information you provided about the inconvenience you experienced with the wristband of the Charge 4. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer

Hi Davide,

I had the exact same issue happen with my Charge 4 - the plastic band holder broke off of my watch that I bought during summer 2020. Is there anyway for this to be fixed? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me.  I had purchased a 2 year protection plan on mine so I went through customer service.  She asked me a bunch of random questions and then had me write some number down in pencil and take a picture of my Fitbit next to it and sent it to her then she just said I would get an email and she quickly got off and I haven’t heard back from anyone yet and that was two days ago

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @shelbs_ @LaPARKER.  

Thank you for sharing that you've experienced the same inconvenience with your Charge 4. 

@shelbs_,  I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

@LaPARKER, it seems the Customer Support team has already sent your a reply, could you please check in your spam folder to confirm if you've received it? 

Please keep me posted.  

Best Answer
I have not received anything since my corespondents with online support
several days ago. She had me take a photo of the Fitbit next to a claim
number she had me write down and then I was supposed to get an email and I
am still waiting for a response
Best Answer

LizzyFitbit_0-1685460021405.pngI have received the instructions and mailing label to return my Fitbit Charge 4. Christmas was busy for me and I am currently working remote from home and have not had a chance to send. I might have time tomorrow after work since I am getting off early due to New Year's Eve. Thank you everyone.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi @SBacheller  you should send this in an email to support, shouldn't you? These are the community forums, not customer support.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing just happened to me and I’m waiting for customer service to get back to me. I wore my Fitbit charge 2 forever and never had this happen. I dug it out and have it but the app isn’t registering my heart rate for some reason 

I agree with you about the 2 bs 4- the older one seems more solid and it didn’t drop my heart rate like the 4 does 

Not sure what they will come back with and if I have to get a new tracker not sure what it one I’ll end up going with 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all your replies and welcome to the new users in the Community @LaPARKER @SBacheller @pat6468

@LaPARKER, I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team, so they can send you the information again via e-mail. Please keep an eye on your inbox.   

@SBacheller, make sure to continue the communication with the Customer Support team and that you send them all of this information so they can let you know how to proceed. 

Thank you for this update @pat6468, it can take 24-48 hours for Customer Support to send you a reply, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know if you have further questions.  

Best Answer

The new Charge 4 is working great. I am a little more careful with this one. Support here is awesome. 

Best Answer

That's great news, @SBacheller! Thank you for sharing this update! 😀

Have a great day.  

Best Answer

I have the same issue,  Charge 4 band holder broke off.  

One of the screw attachments was reaped off too.

Please advise how to fix this.

Best Answer

Adding myself to the queue here. The part of the watch which is supposed to be the anchor for the wristband just broke. I bought my C4 in April 2021 and while I didn't expect it will last for years, I would have expected more than seven months. Please advice.   

Best Answer

Yeah mine broke too. They had me take pictures of band and both ends of watch. Asked a whole bunch of questions when I called them. At the time I was involved in a virtual challenge mileage Boston to Bar Harbor so I needed the device for daily mileage. The new watch finally arrived but by that time I went back to my fitbit One (I love that thing) and I also used the broken Fitbit Charge 4 which I could no longer wear on my wrist but in my pocket. Both were reading about the same. Long story short you will find the bands of the Charge 4 break frequently which means that that watch has to be replaced. The internet is full of complaints. Sorry. So they replaced the watch but not the band because that's what breaks. I no longer trust the band watch system and keep the new watch in my pocket sans wrist band.

Best Answer

The plastic part breaks and cannot be repaired.  It happened to me twice in 13 months, once under warranty and a second time with the replacement they gave me. As a consolation prize,  Fitbit offered me a 35% discount on a new one. I will not be buying another Charge 4 and highly doubt I will buy a different fit bit product until I am assured that Fitbit addresses known flaws. I considered purchasing a Luxe but after reading through owners' commentary, I will not.  

Two Charge 4s broken in the same way in less than 14 months tells much.  I have a small wrist and have to wonder if the design on a small wrist puts extra pressure on the plastic posts in the connection from the watch to the band. I will guess the majority of who have reported this issue have experienced the break on the top connection.  Fit Bit needs to do better if they want to stay in business. Garmin is a good alternative.
Best Answer

I had the same issue. Band holder broke 5 mos. after warranty expired and Fitbit offered me a 35% discount on a new product. Second time a Fitbit product broke shortly after warranty expired and couldn’t be fixed. Looks like built in obsolescence is part of the business model to generate new sales. Time to switch to Garmin.

Best Answer

This happened twice to my Charge 4 in 13 months.  They replaced the first but not the second.  It happened to my wife's Charge 4 after 6 months.  They replaced it after jumping through many hoops.  It took over a month.  Mine just broke for the 3rd time and my wife's for the 2nd..  I super glued the band to the tracker on both.  I read that the adhesive they use does not like heat.  Living in Arizona there is not getting around that.  After owning Fitbit trackers for over 7 years, we will not be replacing these with another Fitbit.  They are now making junk that has very little research and development.  Looking at Oura rings and Apple watches.  Bye Fitbit.

Best Answer

My Fitbit lasted for about 15 months.  This is obviously a design flaw but my guess is they will offer me a discount on a new one and not a replacement.  Which fitbits have metal or stronger material?  I spent way too much on this to keep getting new ones every other year. 

Best Answer