Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 internal GPS vs connected GPS accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I took a 3-mile run. I wanted to compare how the 2 GPS functioned.

I manually started tracking the run on the device and at the same time started tracking the run using the app on my phone. Both of them seemed to work fine simultaneously in parallel, because I was getting lap notifications on my tracker with each half mile as well as getting a voice cue from the app at each half mile.

Here are the results. When my phone said I had run 3 miles, my charge 4 said I had run 3.29 miles! That is a pretty huge difference.

My question is this, which one is correct? Have any of you had similar experience comparing the phone GPS with the tracker GPS? The difference is so big I'm not sure what the trust when I'm trying to find out how far I am running.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hi, @hyybid , If you use the auto-recognize feature to record your run/walk it will not start the GPS. You need to start the exercise on your device.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wore a Garmin Forerunner 425 and my Charge 4 (dynamic GPS mode) while out running today.  While I normally set the Fitbit to track my run eventually, the Garmin data is what I load to Strava and I think is probably far more accurate.

Bearing in mind that I didn't trigger the Fitbit to track my run until 5 minutes into the run this morning the results are:

Garmin:  5.66km, 7.05min/km, 40 mins (splits 7.37, 6.54, 7.11, 7.01, 7.03, 6.34)

Fitbit:  4.92km, 7.09min/km, 36 mins (splits 6.46, 7.08, 7.28, 7.38), didn't record a time for the last 0.92km which is a bit bizarre.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here, except I have a polar gps

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Alejandra.  Would you say that the data output on the Charge 4 is 100% accurate provided that I am walking while the GPS is activated?

Best Answer
0 Votes