Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not recording sleep score and stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly stopped tracking stages & no sleep score on charge 4. Have deleted data, cleared cache, logged out, etc.

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Yes,same for me ,since yesterday.

Best Answer

Just got my first score in 5 days, no idea why.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @55newyork @Fliss47 Welcome to the community forums.

Thank you for sharing the details about this experience with your Charge 4. Sorry to know the situation. Thanks for the attempts to fix it on your own.

@Fliss47 I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

@55newyork keep in mind that you must see sleep stages in order to see a sleep score. There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

If you see sleep stages but don’t see a sleep score, please note that it may take a few minutes for your sleep score to appear. In addition, for better results please try to let the device detect that you're awake or asleep by itself rather than doing it manually and make sure to keep the Fitbit app and the devices' firmware updated to the latest version available. 

The Charge 4 may need some days to collect some information (particularly regarding heart rate) and provide sleep score, sleep stages and other data. Make sure that you've also tried the restart procedure described here and check if you continue to experience the same problem.

In case the problem is related to the Fitbit app, please try the following as well: 

• Log out from the app.
  • Clear Cache and Cookies for the Fitbit app in your phone's settings.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Log back in to check if you're able to see your data properly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my charge 4. Noticed it started missing hours slept, score, health metrics sporadically since app update around 01 January. Now I can only get hours slept by restarting my phone OS. Don’t think google is expending a lot of energy on fitbits. Did everything the bot told you to do as well. No success. I think we can expect less and less support the closer we get to mandatory switch to google account in 2025 then phase out of fitbits altogether.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Charge 4 since April 2023. My sleep score was always provided until 24th January. Since then I have only received Simplified Sleep Scores. I have tried re-setting my device, but that hasn't made any difference. 

Best Answer

I phoned the helpdesk and spoke with Juan, who was very helpful. It seems that for some reason my heart monitor was switched off. After setting that back to on, and increasing its sensitivity in settings, I'm pleased to say that my Charge 4 is providing proper sleep scores again. 

Best Answer
Mine reports for a few days then quits. It shows pulse so I don't think
it's switched off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Been receiving scores for about a week except for one day. Tried increasing sensitivity but didn’t help so switched back to normal. Sometimes going to app settings and select force stop has helped. But not always. 

Best Answer
This is no longer an issue as my Versa 3 died! Fitbit have replaced it
today after I sent it back so, hopefully,no more problems!
Best Answer
0 Votes