Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So... after reading all these issues.. I am not the only one who had my charge just stop syncing. They updated something and that was it. I've turned off, turned on, plugged in, everything I can and it won't work... I just got it for christmas and I have only had it two weeks. MY daughter gave it to me for christmas. I am incredibly disappointed that something this expensive breaks after only 2 weeks! After all this. I can't see what the hell the hype is for this **ahem** thing... Highly disappointed!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

None, and I mean NONE of your tips and suggestions help. It’s like both my Surge and Ionic have crashed. (Yes I have both because I’m a tracking geek and I freak out if one of them isn’t working, which is bad because neither one will synch with my IPhone right now.

Best Answer

@Diannna It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the late response by the way. However. I would like to follow up on this issue and would like to know if your Fitbit trackers are still unable to connect with your phone or if they're syncing your data properly.

In the meantime, please let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried. This will help me to avoid and provide the same solutions.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hello Juan,

I tried all the outlined steps. I shut off my phone, turned it back on, turned off wi-fi and Bluetooth, turned them back on. Tried re-synching. Did not work. I unpaired both watches from the phone and removed them from the Fitbit App. Still no luck. When trying to pair again it would lock up on the passcode and stop there. I finally out of desperation deleted the Fitbit App from my phone. I immediately regretted it because it indicated that doing so would make me lose all my data. This is why this was a last ditch effort, but nothing else worked so I did it. (Hence my desperate pleas to the community). I even tried to restore my app because that data is important to me and I hated to lose it. Well, as it turns out, the data DOES NOT get lost. As soon as I uploaded the app again, it immediately restored all my data and I was able to pair and synch both watches in no time. I do not understand why we have to go to these desperate measures rather than just do an update. Lots of stress and struggling. Ugh, I will remember this for next time and hopefully will not have to spend so much time on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diannna Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, this is not solved. I did everything you list and no result. 

Best Answer

@DVickers Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm sorry that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't resolve the issue.

Due to this, I'll send your case to our Customer Support department and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Zip that doesn't want to sync on my Cell phone or my computer.  It used to but since I've changed the battery I'm having trouble......

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to have to delete the app then, because nothing has worked for me either.  😞

Best Answer

@phlnkrs thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Need more info on updates to app.....

Nothing works

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I have purchased a new Inspire Fitbit because my little Zip was broken.
The new one is doing great!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I fear if you have tried everything else, you will have to do this: 1) Uninstall the app on your smartphone. 2) Reinstall the app. This becomes a glitch sometimes when your phone is updated. It worked for me when nothing else did. You will then need to redo the steps to sync your device to your phone. Exactly the same as when you got it the first time.....hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Now my new Inspire Fitbit is frozen on the time. I finally had to give up
on my little Zip. I'm so disgusted. When I went to the help it wants to
charge me. I never had to pay for help before. Is this something new?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all the suggestions resetting turning things on and off none of them worked. So I tried one last thing I cleaned the back of my Fitbit with a little alcohol swab. Got into all the nooks and crannies, spiffed-up all the little areas that connect. I was then able to turn the Fitbit off then on, and tried another sync.  Lo and behold it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your helpful information.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I tried your link you posted here and it goes to a blank page? My fitbit versa lite was working just fine yesterday, now it wont sync. It does this every 5-6 days.  I bought two recently, one to give to my son for CMas.  If it continues like this I will just return it. Super disappointed in this product. 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the advice given up until Sunday my fitbit one was syncing with my phone now I cant get it to sync

Best Answer

Didn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is not charging 

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3 and yesterday my Fitbit stopped syncing with my iPhone. I have restarted my iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app, turned off the Fitbit and rebooted it, and also turned off Bluetooth and back on again. I still can’t get text messages or alerts when my phone rings. Can you help in anyway?

Best Answer