Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger for Fitbit Charger 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Heart Rate charger but cannot find the charging the cable. My Fitbit looks like a Charger 2. But, my Fitbit charger was a three-prong charger. The ones I find at Walmart and Amazon have only two bits. I can find a Fitbit Heart Rate device like mine on Amazon, but I cannot find the charging cable.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hey Jennifer,

You can get Charge 2 stuff on Amazon; they have chargers and bands and for way less than Fitbit retails them for. You can, right now, score a Charge 2 charging clamp for $5 on Amazon. They all have 2 pins on them.

I'm sitting here typing this with my Charge 2 watch and the original charger clamp that came with my Fitbit Charge 2; the clamp has *2* pins in it. The back of the Fitbit has *3* contact points but only two are used to charge the watch.

The Charge 3 also uses a 2-pin charger clamp but it is of a different design so you can't use a Charge 3 charging clamp on the Charge 2 and vice versa.

I'm not sure what's going on with your situation but you might want to make sure your Fitbit and charger are compatible. AFAIK there are no 3-pin charging clamps for the Charge 2.

If you are using the right charger then you might try cleaning the contact points on the back of the watch. I had this happen where my watch didn't charge ...turned out it was just the contacts that were dirty (dirt, sweat, body oils). The charger uses a very small voltage and current to charge the battery so it doesn't take much crud on the contacts to prevent the watch from charging. The contacts might look clean (as mine did) but after I cleaned them with some isopropyl alcohol on a Q-tip the watch started charging again. I'd give that a try ...  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jennifer0199 the original charge 2 cable only comes with 2 pins. 

I just checked the Fitbit store and their 2 pin charging cable for the Charge 2 has been reduced to 3.95, down from 19.95. 

It is your option where to by from, but you are not going to find a cable with 3 prongs. Electricity only needs 2 prongs to charge. The 3rd prong probably is needed for the initial setup at the factory. 

Best Answer

Did anyone get resolution out of this?  I too have a Fitbit left here by my son.  He got an upgrade and told me to keep it.  Of course, he has no clue where the charger is.  I have a medal cased fitbit with three brass dots on the back.  Went to Best Buy and all the chargers with "hoods"  have two prongs.  I returned it because the Fitbit gave no indication that it was charging.  Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now in sept 20. Have been in touch with. FITBIT HELP Chat online. 
after asking the question re charger not fitting  Eg 2 prongs won’t even fit over the Fitbit charge 2 I have.

sent 2 photos.   One of the back of my Fitbit and one of the charger that doesn’t fit.    They directed me to another site.   Absolutely nothing about spare parts.   Lots of training needed at Fitbit.com.  
There is a photo Of the charger with the button slot.    May have to go back to them and ask what the spare number for it is.   
the part is not expensive but how many others have a useless one sitting at home.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Grrrr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone. I ran into this thread when I was looking into getting a new stand for my Charge 2. I decided to leave a comment on this to try and dispel some of the confusion I saw here.

So, I just opened two of my 5 Fitbits today to replace the batteries. From the looks of it, the third pad on the Fitbits have nothing to do with charging. The third pad looks like it's a data line that connects to the main processor. Pretty much any compatible cable will work.

When you hook your dead Fitbit up, it may take a few hours for the device to even light up. I've personally seen it take 30-45 minutes for a dead Fitbit to power up. Try and be patient. It'll either eventually take a charge, or it won't.

Also, I know that many of you have either had their Fitbit for a long time, or found one in a drawer, or were given one as a hand-me-down. Both of those situations can cause issues. I'll do my best to explain why.

First, if the battery sits for too long when completely dead, it'll degrade and not be able to take a charge without a risk of overheating, expanding, or catching fire. That's why the little circuit in the battery can prevent it from charging. It's mostly a safety feature.

Second, the batteries in these devices will only last about 4 years on average. That means that some may last for 6 years, and some may only last for 2. My Charge 2 has lasted for almost 4 years, and still lasts for about 4 days on a charge with HR running. On the flip side, my 2-year-old Alta HR had a dead battery, because the previous owner put it back in it's box after a few months.

The battery in your Fitbit can be replaced, but if you aren't comfortable with concepts like microsoldering, using jewelers-sized Torx bits, or prying apart glued-together screens and batteries without tearing the teeny cables, don't even try to fix it yourself. Try and find a professional repair person to fix it up. A replacement battery can be found on ifixit for about $20, and they come with a 1 year warranty.

I hope I cleared up some of the confusion and concerns people may have when they find this thread.

Best Answer