Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having problems syncing my phone Samsung charge 3 keeps saying no device found I have turned my phone off and back on several times as that usually works but no joy this time. 

Can anyone suggest any ideas

Thanks Sue

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I am having the same problem today. Anxious to hear what replies you receive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem synching to an iPad. This problem started several days ago. I can usually get the tracker to synch to the app after a morning workout but not much more frequently than that despite doing nearly everything the forums and instructions say to do. Also, the time of day displayed on the clock face now loses several minutes per hour until I can finally get it to synch. Ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone here, but same problem.  Always been an issue with the Charge 3 started happening many times a day with the latest app update, worse still after the firmware device update.  Says sync'd but clearly didn't, but mostly just looking for device/can't find device.  Rebooted fitbit, fitbit app and phone many times per day.  Usually can get it to work eventually.  Reset the FitBit several times too.

What is up with the Charge 3????  This is a warranty replacement after the first one did the same thing and finally wouldn't connect or reset anymore.  I restart the device and app more per day than I did my FitBit One in three years!!!!

Best Answer

I received notification for a "Charge 3 Update Available". I followed the instructions perfectly, including making sure that Bluetooth was enabled, that I had an active internet connection, that the tracker was close to the mobile unit and that the battery was charged. After pressing the pink "Update Tracker" button, I now get either a "Something went wrong while loading the firmware update" or "Something went wrong There was an error while trying to update your device." message. I appreciate that there is concern that the Charge 3 needs to be updated, but I can't get the update to work.

EDIT: Fitbit offered to replace the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem and with my Samsung phone. Did you get an answer about this? And I am so fed up with having to go through the troubleshooting routine every day just to sync the device.

Best Answer

I went through the recommended routine with customer service over the phone and they sent a new Charge 3 to me. The new one works so far.

Best Answer

This one IS a replacement. The first one was even worse.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
I ended up deleting Charge 3 from devices paired on bluetooth. Then I rebooted my Fitbit and repaired with bluetooth.  It worked!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

After spending almost an hour on the phone with Fitbit - my understanding is that this is a problem with the app and there is no fix for users. I ended up installing the app on my computer and was told this is the only "reliable" way to sync. I will continue to get the message "no device found" on my phone and will have to continue to follow the troubleshooting steps (reboot device, force stop, etc.etc.) to get the Charge 3 to sync. And even then - who knows? 

I do so regret this purchase. 

Best Answer

Just wondering if you lost all your data, previous workouts, when you deleted the charge 3 then repaired with bluetooth. I just don't want to lose all my previous workout data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not. I rebooted Charge 3. Only deleted on Bluetooth paired devices until after I rebooted the fitbit, then re paired to bluetooth
Best Answer
I ended up doing the full set up again. It says "Whoa you already have a
Charge 3" and like you said I was afraid it would wipe out my data. But
that didn't happen.
Best Answer
I tried your solution. I had a very hard time getting it re-pair again. And
then I still got the device not found message. Very frustrating!!!
Best Answer

I also am having issues with my LG G6 not finding my Charge 3.  I have reset the fitbit, and restarted my phone, it will work for days, then after this last update yesterday, no go.  Its as if they fix for one phone and it messes up other phones.  OMG, so frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke with FitBit about this because I was fed up. They had me download the app to my computer (not the dashboard but the app itself) in addition to having the app on my phone. Since then it has worked fine. I am not syncing to the computer (so to speak) but for some reason I don't have problems anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great, thanks!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I continue to be frustrated with trying to sync my Charge 3 to the app on my Samsung phone.  Have tried everything from turning blue tooth on and off, rebooting phone, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, force stop the app, reset the Charge 3 and nothing seems to work.  Eventually it will sync on its own but many times when checking in the a.m., the last sync was the evening before - 8 plus hours.  Syncing has always been an issue but now it is constant and almost seems to be worse since they started to promote their Premium upgrade package.  Given all these issues, I would not even think of paying them for the Premium package when they can't seem to get the basic app to work efficiently.  I am tolerating this but having a very poor user experience.  Hopefully they will find a fix soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you installed the Fitbit app on a computer or tablet in addition to on your Samsung phone? I don't mean the Fitbit dashboard, I mean the Fitbit app. I had called Fitbit customer support because I was having the exact same issues you are. and they had me install the app on my computer. Since then I have had ZERO issues and it has worked perfectly. I don't even look at the app on the computer or sync to it, just on my phone. Worth a try!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that suggestion.  I forgot I even had it on my Kindle.  So I just uninstalled/reinstalled on that device and we shall see.   Fingers crossed.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes