Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having problems syncing my phone Samsung charge 3 keeps saying no device found I have turned my phone off and back on several times as that usually works but no joy this time. 

Can anyone suggest any ideas

Thanks Sue

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

It was a bit more involved setting up the app on my computer. I thought I was "all set" having the dashboard but not the case. But it has made a world of difference. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my doubts but it appears that has fixed the problem.  So far the Fitbit and the app on my phone are syncing with no issues.  Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay!!! Good to hear!!!

I have no clue as to why it corrects the syncing issues. I am surprised Fitbit is not mentioning this as a solution instead of the convoluted troubleshooting process that doesn't work anyway.

Best Answer

Wondered if it has continued to work for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem now too.  Fitbit,  any clue what's going on?  Can we expect an update soon?  When you do updates, do you do any sort of QA?

Best Answer

Do you have the app installed on a computer or tablet in addition to on your phone? Not the dashboard- but the app? For some reason this seems to fix the problem. Since I did this I have had no problems at all.  Don't know why Fitbit doesn't recommend this instead of the troubleshooting process (which doesn't work anyway........).

Best Answer

I have it on my laptop but very rarely use it.  I'm close to leaving Fitbit altogether.   This charge 3 has had issues all along.  Maybe Santa can bring me a new tracker.....thank you for your response. 

Best Answer
I would give this a try. Quirky as this solution sounds it actually worked
for me... fingers crossed.
Best Answer

Unfortunately, 2nd Charge 3 just went toes up from all the resetting.  So just have gone back to the old Charge 2.  It is clear that some of the issues are App related, but equally clear the Charge 3 is just a failed device.  I'll use the Charge 2 until I figure out  which device I want to move to.  Almost certainly won't be a Fitbit at this point.

Best Answer

I don’t know if anyone is still looking for an answer to the question about a “device not found” message… But, I’ll offer the solution that worked for me: Plug in the USB connector (I’ve got a wall connector) and attach it to your device as if you were going to charge it. Then press the reset button; again, mine is on a wall charger, and it should reset. I just did it, and I didn’t lose any of my data today or for the rest of the week. I can’t say that this will work for everyone but it did work for me. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think everyone gave up.  I just came back because someone up-voted my I'd given up on the Charge 3 post.  Pretty sure it's just one on those never going to work right devices.  I went back to my Charge 2, then when I had some extra cash just switched to a Garmin.  Been a super wise choice.  

Too bad, I'd always like FitBits but just seems they suddenly kind of crashed and burned as a company in general and the Charge 3 was just kind of the pinnacle of debacle.  One person messaged me that the company was putting all their efforts in to their faux Apple watch design, Versa I think?  and the old traditional small format FitBits were just kind of being left to age away.  Couldn't prove it by me either way, and I have no desire to to have anything like an Apple watch or a Versa, so no idea if that works consistently or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ever since I installed the app on my computer too (not the dashboard) I
found it works the vast majority of the time. I still check everything on
the phone app, not the computer. So who knows.

BTW I saw fitbit will be coming out with a charge 4 (with GPS capabilities)
Best Answer

Yeah that was one of the first things FitBit CS had me try way back.  Never really worked then in a later session someone from FitBit said the computer app was the issue.  That I had conflicting apps trying to access.  Didn't really explain why it didn't work at work away from my home computer or why it didn't work when I uninstalled on the phone and had the phone off.

Plus, the bigger deal is I probably had to reset my old FitBit One like twice in all the years I owned it.  The Charge 2 maybe a couple times a year.  The Charge 3 many, many times a day.  Literally every time I wanted to check stats.  This was true of two different Charge 3 devices.  The first one died from resetting it so much so they replaced it and when that one died for the same reason I was done.

For obvious reasons, I will wait a really long time before I'd ever consider a new FitBit device, particularly a new Charge device.  

Best Answer

These are terrible products! Like you it takes too much time to be found on my iPhone 11. Then it simply will not connect. Terrible product. Absolutely my last fit**ahem** product!

Best Answer

I have the same problem will not synch to IPad unless I sign off and on two to three times-Help

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried so many times to get this C3 to work. Follow instructions to the letter. Start and stop Bluetooth. Remove and install the Fitbit app. Reset the C3. Just nothing works. Yes Fitbit has a virus!

Jim

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Mine too, but Iphone 6.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Iphone and computer keeps saying "device not found"  I have tried resetting the fitbit, Iphone, removing the device and reinstalling, etc.  It will sync very  occasionally after fittling with it .  Very discouraging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say you have it on your computer - is it the dashboard or the actual app? As I posted before, adding the actual app to my computer totally fixed the problem. No idea why but it did. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the app on my computer. Sometimes I can get it to sync if I remove and replace the current Charge 3. Very frustrating.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes