Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise shortcuts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How do I start an exercise that is not one of my shortcuts? Or how do I add sport to my shortcuts, the options seem very limited on the app.
Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

You can have up to 7 Exercise Shortcuts active in your tracker & app, @josie1115. Of the 7 visible in your app, you can arrange them in priorities so that the ones you use most often are near the top.  Once you have added them to your app, and re-synced your tracker, they are available in your tracker.

Push the side button on your Charge 2 until you get to the Exercise Mode, such as Walk or Run, or whatever you set as the first in the list. To change the exercise mode, tap the screen to screen to scroll through the list. Once you have gotten to the exercise you want to track, press and hold the side button on the Charge 2 until it vibrates. It then is active, and will stay active until you press and hold the button again until it vibrates.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry I understand how to add exercise shortcuts ... what I'm saying is the possible options to add to your "favorites" via the app is a short list (not all the options you have when classifying a workout) for example, you can't add "sport" or specific sports to your favorites, therefore when trying to start a workout on ur fitbit you can't choose that option. What I'm asking is if there is a way to start a workout without choosing one of your favorites on the device since the possible options to put on your favorites via the app are limited.

Best Answer

No, @josie1115, that is not possible.  You can have a maximum of 7 exercise types defined in the tracker via the app - you can delete unused ones, and add others, but there is a limit of seven.  With the Charge 2 tracker, you can enter the Exercise Mode function and select one of those 7 activities to activate, but you cannot activate the Exercise Mode without selecting one of the seven defined activities.

Best Answer

True thing @USAF-Larry

@josie1115 the list of "Favorite" activities to log from the app / pc are not the same as the shortcut list on the Charge 2 menu. This is the list of activities you can chose from on your Charge 2:

Exercise shortcuts charge 2.jpg

Let me know if you have any other question @josie1115 

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer

I have done this on the app many times an then synced the fitbit charge 2.  The old exercises that were listed are still listed.  The 7 I have on app do not show.  I'll keep retrying but I've tried several times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tinanoell, if you press & release the side button on the tracker until the first exercise type is displayed, such a Walk or Run, than then tap the screen you will be able to scroll through all 7 exercises that are defined in the app's Exercise Shortcuts.  When you get to the one you want, press & hold the side button to start the exercise mode.

Best Answer

@RodrigoFitbitI want to select 'step', but this isn't an option for me.  How did you get that ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see 18 different exercises that can be added, step is not one of them. Im slso wondering what exercise are you refferring to with "Step"? Is yhere something simaler? 

I don't  see step as being able to be added manually 

Best Answer

How do we add an exercise to the short cut menu that isn't on this list? I have less then 7 favorited and want to make motorcycle (which is available on the desktop webpage) a favourite so it stops logging steps when I ride. I don't want to have to manually go into a desktop every time I get on my motorcycle

Best Answer

@Ironcowboy, by going to "exercise shortcuts" under the Charge 2 settings. Motorcycle is not one that can be added, you'll find the list above.

Best Answer

I understand it's not on the list. Why they would restrict your shortcuts to that list when there is many more possibilities on a desktop browser I don't understand. I'm hoping a Fitbit employee can tell me why or if I'm not seeing something. 

Best Answer

Hoping to see some change here as well. I want to put my OWN exercises on the list, not use the ones that are available. 

Best Answer

I would like to put my own in...it is a bummer. My Polar A300 let me enter several activities. 

Best Answer

I agree

i do badminton. The app allowed me to classify the activity as badminton after i had done it so it obviously knows of badminton but it does not appear in the list that can go on the tracker.

i do not understand why not

Best Answer

That's my problem; I'm more than happy to use my computer to update the list, but it should then be available on my tracker.

I kind of assumed it would be, so I'm actually pretty disappointed. Maybe a Garmin would have been a better bet this time around, but I had a bit of brand loyalty...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agreed with you and do not understand why we cannot add more sport ie Badminton on the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sasamon my only thought is that before Fitbit adds an aditional sport, that sport will first need to be setup by Fitbit. It is not as simple as making a generic entry.

If workout is used, this can be renamed to which ever sport that the user may want. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue they have additional sports set up already.  The issue is there is on;y a handful you can put on the short list stored on your Fitbit. That short list can be turned on the moment you start and stop via the wristband. All others you need to go back into website and manually add to your dashboard for the time frame

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I understand that @Ironcowboy, but as a I mentioned, adding a new exercise is not simply adding an additional menu entry, each exercise needs to be programmed by Fitbit first. 

Best Answer