Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback for Customer Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been a loyal Fitbit customer for 5 years but i am terribly dissappointed and Rather Infuriated by the Customer Service Experience i have received this time.

I bought a Charge 3 in the month of March 2020.Come May the backside of the device(that touches the skin) started getting discolored and now the Rosegold coating has started developing cracks and is chipping away.It also causes irritation and rashes on the skin as it seems the material beneath the rose gold coating is not skin friendly.The strap also developed a crack which grew overtime and now its completely broken into 2 pcs.

Fitbit it seems has now started profiling customers based on the country they make the purchase from.So if you are staying in europe and many other countries you get a hassle free replacement of the band by just placing a request within 5 mins but god forbid if your coutry of residence is India you will be treated like a cheat.The Customer care number published on the website doesnt even connect from India and the number for India is not mentioned on the website.You have no choice but to use alternate means of contacting customer care where you have to wait for more than 20 mins to be connected to an agent via chat.After endless exchange of messages with the customer care team you are told to share the pictures as per stringent specifications else guess what your replacement will not be done.A picture of the damaged product isnt enough,it needs to follow strict instructions else you can actually be denied the replacement which is your right within warranty period.

Finally when everything is done the customer service executive jumbles up your complete address as they dont understand and realise that the format of the postal address in all countries is diffrent than that of the USA.This is despite the customer giving all the details clearly over an email with the COMPLETE postal address as well as the phone number.Now comes the final surprise for a device that is synced to the network the day it is activated if you are unable to provide the Invoice for the product you will not get your replacement.Really Guys!!!! Its 2020 now no electronic manufacturer mandates a receipt for providing after sales service.
You are well aware that Charge 3 is a **ahem** product in terms of build quality.Why harass and bother the customer more? (My Charge 2 Band lasted for more than 2 years BTW)

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have been a loyal Fitbit customer for 5 years but i am terribly dissappointed and Rather Infuriated by the Customer Service Experience i have received this time.

I bought a Charge 3 in the month of March 2020.Come May the backside of the device(that touches the skin) started getting discolored and now the Rosegold coating has started developing cracks and is chipping away.It also causes irritation and rashes on the skin as it seems the material beneath the rose gold coating is not skin friendly.The strap also developed a crack which grew overtime and now its completely broken into 2 pcs.

Fitbit it seems has now started profiling customers based on the country they make the purchase from.So if you are staying in europe and many other countries you get a hassle free replacement of the band by just placing a request within 5 mins but god forbid if your coutry of residence is India you will be treated like a cheat.The Customer care number published on the website doesnt even connect from India and the number for India is not mentioned on the website.You have no choice but to use alternate means of contacting customer care where you have to wait for more than 20 mins to be connected to an agent via chat.After endless exchange of messages with the customer care team you are told to share the pictures as per stringent specifications else guess what your replacement will not be done.A picture of the damaged product isnt enough,it needs to follow strict instructions else you can actually be denied the replacement which is your right within warranty period.

Finally when everything is done the customer service executive jumbles up your complete address as they dont understand and realise that the format of the postal address in all countries is diffrent than that of the USA.This is despite the customer giving all the details clearly over an email with the COMPLETE postal address as well as the phone number.Now comes the final surprise for a device that is synced to the network the day it is activated if you are unable to provide the Invoice for the product you will not get your replacement.Really Guys!!!! Its 2020 now no electronic manufacturer mandates a receipt for providing after sales service.
You are well aware that Charge 3 is a Bad product in terms of build quality.Why harass and bother the customer more? (My Charge 2 Band lasted for more than 2 years BTW)

Best Answer

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help. If you email, please know that each subsequent email will put you at the bottom of the queue, which will cause you to wait longer.

USA: call (877) 623-4997 
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057  

IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
If you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options
https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not just India. I bought a charge 3 for my partner in December and they're claiming that the unit is out of warranty, saying that it was purchased in 2018. Then they asked for a receipt AND the serial number off the box. Who keeps that stuff for seven months?!? It was a gift. I can't make him keep the box. So he's got a broken Fitbit and he's not getting warranty service because he didn't save the box and I didn't save the receipt 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

My Concern is not with the wait time but with the way they are handling the customers.I would appreciate if you read my post in details

Best Answer
0 Votes

we tried that india customer support number and it said, does not exist as per telecom service providers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @KaycelynSS Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for the information. If you haven't done so, please try to contact our Support Team using this link. You will see the available options to get in touch with our team using that link. 

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer