Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update Stuck

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR is 2.5 years old, all has been great until this week. The display has been stuck in the same place for 4 days now. It tried to update the firmware and now I have the infamous half-bar of death.

Here is what I have tried:

1. Restart with the charging cable plugged in, hold the button, 2 seconds later disconnect and continue holding button for 7-9 seconds. I am a pro at this maneuver now, having done it about 50 times.

2. Remove the Charge HR from the Fitbit app on my iPad, then add it back in. I am unable to "forget this device" in the Bluetooth menu no matter how many times I tried, so I have to disable Bluetooth before I can remove the tracker in the app. I have gone through this about 20 times now.

3. Same process with the Windows desktop app. I have plugged in the dongle, opened the app dashboard and removed the tracker, and closed it. I then added it back in but no change. Yes I made sure the iPad bluetooth was turned off while trying this on my desktop.

4. Deleted the Fitbit app on my iPad and then re-installed it, added the tracker, but no change there. I have done this about 4 times now.

5. I just saw another thread where someone recommended turning off Notifications from Fitbit on my iPad while deleted and re-adding the tracker. Done, restarted, no difference. 

6. Let the tracker completely discharge for 3 days and then tried removing and re-adding it to the app. No change.

Today I have just left it connected to the recharge cable, and left the Fitbit app running, and it is cycling through "updating", "syncing", and "locating" continuously for about 4 hours so far.

Any other suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41
Go to eBay put in for new charge hr battery and get a whole new face for ur band which I did and you don't lose any information with the app. I did and it's easy to change 4 screws and u have a new Fitbit. Mine is working perfect and I also got a new band as mine was getting a little shabby. Cost for the face was only $14 and the band was only $9.99 and u have a new Fitbit charge hr
Hope this helps u, let me know.😊
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitbit facing big problem in setting up update on new bought versa2.more than 24 hours and firmware not getting updated, hence watch not getting on..can you please help.. can you give me India helpline

Best Answer
0 Votes