Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 Chatter

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to stop the Chatter function on the Fitbit Charge 2.  I don't have a greeting set and I don't have quick view enabled, but when my device hasn't moved for a while, it lights up with a message like 'ready, set go', etc...  I don't mind if I've not had it on for a while and pick it up, but it is annoying me and my hubby when it does it in the middle of the night Smiley frustré  I would like to use the device for tracking my sleep, but I won't whilst it does this.  

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8
I just checked the settings and don't see an option for this feature.
Best Answer

@Lynne888 Welcome to our Community! There is no option to disable the Chatter on your tracker although it shouldn't show that often. I actually have read about people not even getting the messages on their tracker or hardly ever seeing them. Still you could add your idea to the Feature suggestion board to request an option to disable and enable Chatter messages. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

How can you get the greetings and chatter to work

Best Answer

@Lebron I hope you're doing well! You can set the Chatter messages on your tracker's settings area under "Tap Display" options. It will show messages when you move your tracker encouraging to keep it up, mine show messages when it detects I am waking up or when I leave the tracker for a period of time while taking a bath and pick it up.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @AlvaroFitbit , I found your reply while looking for the chatter option on Charge 3.

I can find the option on Alta HR, but can't find it anywhere in Charge 3, and the tracker doesn't show these messages.

Any idea how to enable on Charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MHanafy as previously mentioned, and as you have pointed out, there isn't an option for chatter on the Charge 3. So yes, currently this can not be enabled. 

Have you added your vote to the current 36 votes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @RI Just did now; hopefully this gets prioritized.

It's frustrating to see the cheaper/older models have this feature, while Charge3 doens't!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MHanafy you tagged the wrong user. 

Best Answer
0 Votes