Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 battery not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 battery suddenly stopped charging. There is no green light and it says battery empty in the app. I have tried the troubleshooting tips, but its not turning on. Need your help!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Maj22 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

I will gladly assist you with this and thank you for trying some troubleshooting tips. You don't specify what you tried so I wanted to suggest that you can try cleaning the contacts using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this, restart your device and see how it behaves.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@AlvaroFitbit Thanks for the response! I have already cleaned the contacts
using cotton and rubbing alcohol and tried charging it via my laptop's usb
port. The battery is still dead and my fitbit Charge 2 is still not
restarting.
Best Answer

Hi, have you resolved this issue yet as I’m having the same issue?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  My Charge 2 very suddenly would not hold a charge.  It appears to be charging from a zero state when plugged into a charger, but also charges suspiciously and unrealistically fast and reports a full charge in just a few minutes.  Then it appears to be functioning normally, but goes dead a few minutes later.  I read the tips and posts on another similar Charge 2 Battery Issue Community Forum and have tried cleaning the contacts, using multiple chargers, resetting it, etc.  Users on the other forum report this as a battery defect that is well known to Fitbit, but they won’t acknowledge the problem and at most will offer a 25% discount coupon towards purchase of another Fitbit.  My Charge 2 lasted just 25 months of light use.  I plan to move on to another brand that truly backs their products and owns up to defects.  I’ll be interested to see if a Forum Moderator even responds to this post.

Best Answer

Ditto here. Watch has been worn daily for 25-26 month (so, just over 2 years) now the battery charge has failed. It appears to charge, then on my wrist will last perhaps 1-2mins before being completely discharged and the screen dead/blank. It's desperately frustrating that it seems to be only just out of EEA 2 year warranty! It feels greatly unfair. 

Best Answer

Having same issue. Bought watch in March, 2017. Noticed deterioration in ability to hold full charge over the last six weeks. Didn't think much of it at first but now the watch will only hold a charge for about a day and half. 

Curious as to know how Fitbit will handle this one............ 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and so is my friend, his just stopped working too and just wont charge. I've done all the suggestions and called support only for them to tell me that they cant repair devices but they can give me 25% off a new one. 25% is kind of a garbage discount for devices that were working fine a few days before.

Best Answer

Hi @Khrazie @Maj22 @IanSmith63 @RUNleeleeRUN @Jeff-Dad @Dannilou2406 @Khrazie  a warm welcome to the Community! Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. 

@Maj22  @Jeff-Dad @RUNleeleeRUN @IanSmith63  I've connected Support in your behalf, and someone will be contacting you over Email. 

@Dannilou2406 Support informed me that you already have a case open with them. 

@Khrazie Thank you for your feedback. Please if you have any doubt about the resolution taken by Support, you can contact them, and they will be more than glad to explain it to you or you can visit our Warranty Policies.

Please keep me posted

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 battery also suddenly stopped charging. There is no green light and it will not come on, I have cleaned the connections and tried two different chargers. It was purchased in March of 2017.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine suddenly came back to life a week after it would charge. I plugged it into my laptop for about 6 hours could have been longer and just left it, when it finally turned on, literally out of no where, the battery icon showed that it had JUST started charging. 

It happened again this week, wouldnt charge so it put it in my computer and left it, not sure why it'll only charge there now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes