Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 not registering sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently started using a Charge 3 after using a Charge 2 for several years without any issues, but now for several days running I am not getting sleep stages whereas I almost always got sleep stages with the Charge 2.

I know all the tricks from years of experience with the Charge 2 but none have worked so far.

Anything I may have missed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just discovered something which is very likely the key to the problem. I noticed that somehow in my device's Settings that the Heart Rate setting somehow got turned OFF. I don't know how it happened but upon checking my history I discovered that I had no heart rate history since September 15 which was the same date my sleep stages quit working. I'm 99% sure that will turn out to be the problem. I just turned it back ON and I will find out tonight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I’ve had my charge 3 for several years without any problems.  A few weeks ago it quit recording sleep stages.  All other features appear to be working.  I’m tightened the band, I wear it higher, I keep it fully charged, and I have reboot the tracker many many times.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @ronheller2001 and @jweakley. I'm sorry to hear your Charge 3 aren't registering your Sleep Stages and thank you for mentioning the steps you have followed in order to fix this.

There are a fe scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Have you checked these scenarios?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the replyI have already tried everything suggested except for "Begin Sleep Now" which I don't believe even applies to my Charge 3 since I can't even find that option anywhere in my app.As I previously stated I never had this problem with my Charge 2, only since switching to the Charge 3.What I am going to try now is to change my Sleep Sensitivity from Sensitive to Normal and see what happens.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting me know that you have tried everything suggested @ronheller2001.

Begin Sleep Now won't register your sleep stages. I'll check if there are other users that aren't getting their Sleep Stages either. I didn't get them last two nights... I haven't changed anything in my sleep so it could be an emerging issue. Let me investigate and I'll get back to you.

Have a great weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you and let me know. FYI - switching from Sensitive to Normal sleep sensitivity made no difference.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just discovered something which is very likely the key to the problem. I noticed that somehow in my device's Settings that the Heart Rate setting somehow got turned OFF. I don't know how it happened but upon checking my history I discovered that I had no heart rate history since September 15 which was the same date my sleep stages quit working. I'm 99% sure that will turn out to be the problem. I just turned it back ON and I will find out tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your explanation @ronheller2001.

I checked and Sleep Stages are working for my colleagues, I noticed that I have to charge my Fitbit more often and get the Sleep Stages.

Please let me know if turning your tracker heart rate ON helped with your Sleep Stages.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it worked last night. Looks like everything is fine now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @ronheller2001

I´m glad  to hear that your Charge 3 is showing your Sleep Stages and everything is fine now.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes