Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge HR display is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husbands fit bit is really hard to see, the numbers are very faint, despite it been fully charged, any one know why cheers lynne 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

This did not work for me.  I cannot see the Fitbit icon because, well, the display is too dim... 😞

Best Answer

I submitted an inquiry to Fitbit Support on Twitter and they responded right away.  Currently investigating... https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport

Best Answer

I have this issue often.  My brightness display will get bumped to dim by accident.  You need to scroll through the setting to brightness and move it back to normal.

Best Answer

Mine too, @fitbit, you can fix this right??

Best Answer

Mine too, try restart, charge full , update firmware but Fitbit Charge HR display is still too dim @Fitbit could you fix it 

Best Answer

Fitbit Chrage HR is one of the beautiful tracker that I have seen. But it is irritating to see the brightness of the screen diminishing. When there are so many coming up with the same issue, Fitbit has to respond to it at the earliest. Or the fitbit community has to give an alternate product taking back the old product. 

Best Answer

Hi Ferdinand, I have the same issue with my Charge HR, and restarting doesn't solve the problem. May I kindly ask for your advice on how to address this? Thank You.

Best Answer

Have the same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the cheaper version? I'm leaving Fitbit due to this, and the previous one I had failed too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had no response from Fitbit in two years. I have thrown it away - not fit for purpose. Now use an applwa tch.

Best Answer

I called fitbit. The guy told me swipe right on my screen til I get to
settings. Then under brightness toggle it--somehow it had got itself dim. I
should have reposted after talking to the guy. Don't know why fitbit
doesn't just tell people this. Maybe they only told me since mine was still
under warranty? Maybe they want people forced to buy new? Dunno.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my third charge HR. The display on the first two gradually broke up with pixels failing. Both replaced under warranty. But now, although the pixels look okay, the display is now too dim to read easily. I've rebooted, I've toggled the display from Normal to Auto and the problem persists. In Auto display mode, it's totally impossible to read. Bye bye fitbit.

Best Answer

I've just started using mine again it's been in a cupboard for about 2 years and I'm having the same problem starting to think fitbit has done this on purpose like apple does with old devices making them slower so that you buy a new one instead they've dimmed the light making it useless unless your in a pitch black room 🙄🙄🙄🙄 looks like I'll be switching to another brand of watch 😒

Best Answer

Recently bought an Apple Watch SE 44mm from John Lewis at £239, the best price I could find and £10 cheaper than the 40mm. Sooooo much better, although I had to switch to an Iphone 13 at the same time. Yes you have to charge it more often, but at least I can read the display. I love that I can see who's at the door on the watch via my Nest doorbell without having to use the phone. My old fitbit looks cheap and tacky in comparison. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. I had to trash mine. No fix.
-Sean J
Best Answer

I actually ended up binning mine and buying the Fitbit luxe, I like the app features on Fitbit and it was on sale and I do prefer a smaller size watch, some them are so bulky, so far I'm happy with it ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is so dim that I can't see the display in normal daylight. Makes it completely useless as a watch! And to make matters worse, it keeps changing itself to the dim setting (as it wasn't dim enough already!). Several family members with the same model are experiencing the same problem). 

I was going to email Fitbit about it but sounds like there is no fix so maybe I should just forget it and buy a new one. 

Best Answer

I agree. I loved my old one but it got lost. Bought a 2nd hand one which was perfect but its just gone dim overnight! Not impressed. 

Best Answer

Hi. Swipe right? In the App? I tried but I can't find 'brightness' anywhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just spoken to them about this but it's duff info. Brightness not an option with this tracker. .. my last one was really bright .. this one is too dull.

Best Answer
0 Votes