Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge HR stuck on connecting to Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I've got a fitbit charge hr and for the past year almost it never connects to my phone. Im using an iPhone 7 plus. Ive downloaded the newest version of the fitbit app, reset my tracker, heck even created a new account......

It always goes its found my fitbit then gives me a 4 digit number and after that I enter the number and its stuck on the connecting to fitbit page forever...

Please help me I would really like to use my fitbit again 😞

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.  I have moved your post to the Charge HR board to increase the chance of getting a response.

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

I'm having the same issue here with OnePlus 3T phone. I am trying to do an erase on the Charge HR but I don't get this option, I just get error and the goes to off after that. Am I doing something wrong?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way to fix this problem is to do a factory reset. Fitbit won't tell you this because in the process you will lose all of your history. I had to do this after trying every other option. They didn't even tell me this. I found it out on my own. For me it worked. It was worth it to lose my history because I couldn't even use the thing as a watch since I couldn't reset the time. Following is a link that tells you how to do a factory reset. Please remember - you will lose all previously stored data and will be like starting with a clean slate.
Here it is:
How do I factory reset my Charge or Charge HR?

If Customer Support directs you to perform a factory reset on your Charge or Charge HR, follow these instructions.

Bruce

Best Answer
My LG G6 still can't connect to my Fitbit HR... Do you guys know when this
is going to work again? Is this even being worked on?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bruce, there are no steps in your post. What are all those lines?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way to fix this problem is to do a factory reset. Fitbit won't tell you this because in the process you will lose all of your history. I had to do this after trying every other option. They didn't even tell me this. I found it out on my own. For me it worked. It was worth it to lose my history because I couldn't even use the thing as a watch since I couldn't reset the time. Following is a link that tells you how to do a factory reset. Please remember - you will lose all previously stored data and will be like starting with a clean slate.
Here it is:

If Customer Support directs you to perform a factory reset on your Charge or Charge HR, follow these instructions.

Bruce

Best Answer

I had the same problem with my fitbit charge Hr.

The issue was solved after I resetted my fit bit back to it's factory setting .

Now everthing works perfect as earlier .😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone help me reset mine please? I tried the guide they said but after error mine just shows off and the device turns off. I don't see the option to reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yega1988 @GlassFit Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Charge HR. Thanks for trying the factory reset steps in order to sort this out. 

I believe the reason why you are experiencing this situation is because the phone you are using is not a compatible device. Rather than a factory reset I'd recommend performing the steps shown on this helpful article. Some users are able to sync with incompatible devices. However, it is not guaranteed that it will work. 

@BMencer I hope you're doing well and welcome to the forums @Yramani! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and help on this thread. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the same problem and I don't think it is a phone compatibility issue as it is doing the exact same thing when trying to connect to the PC. Both my PC (using the dongle) and phone ask for the 4 digit pin. After entering the pin, the screen gets stuck on connecting and never connects.

This is very frustrating, can you please put me in touch with customer support so I can get a solution too. Thank you.

Best Answer

@SantiR Thank you!

The factpfa reset did the trick !

I'll go back and change all my rating back.

Have a good one.

Best Answer

Hi there @NavidN, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're also having problems getting your Charge HR to connect with your app. Now, even if you're using your computer for this, which is the phone you're using? It could be due to compatibility problems.

Now, have you  tried to give your tracker a restart? If not, for this, plug the charging cable to any USB port or UL-certified USB wall charger and plug the other end to your Charge HR. Press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and the version number and release the button.

Then, try to set it up again as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Let me know how it goes!

@GlassFit, I'm really happy to hear that @SantiR suggestions did the trick! Let us know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

This is the only thing that worked for me also.

@BMencer wrote:

Here it is:

Bruce

Best Answer

Hi I’m having the same issue as the others with updating and locked up. Nothing has helped. It’s been great up until now. I have iPhone X with charge hr. I bought it at Target 2 yrs ago around Christmas time. Is there a warranty period to get it fixed? Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @SevierlyRhonda and @megan_2k, welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for trying that process @megan_2k. Does it solve the issue for you?

Please confirm that you have tried the steps above: suggestion 1 and suggestion 2. So I can request a ticket for you, our support team can check your warranty options if you need it.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it happened to #metoo , the only fix it to do factory reset . I agree it tricky but once you do it . It will sync. Also uninstall the fitbit app, restart the phone , install app. Then do the sync. It worked for me after 2 days of getting the sequence right.

Best Answer

@ActivePanda123 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the steps you tired that helped you out to get back on track. I'm sure this will be very helpful for other users too. Thanks for sharing!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

True. Had exactly the same issue. Factory reset was the only thing that helped. I also have "incompatible device" (whatever the f... that means) and no it's not a compatibility issue as it also didn't sync using computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@armands Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with your tracker not syncing correctly. 

I'm glad to read tat the factory reset helped you out with this. I will leave the factory reset steps here so other users may have them available.

Thanks for sharing your experience. See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Full factory reset is the ONLY thing that worked...

Best Answer
0 Votes

JLH64, you're the bomb. Worked perfectly with my fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes