Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge battery problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dont charge your Fitbit with a wall charger!!!!!!! I bought my first Fitbit charge in mid February....after the first day or 2 of using it, the battery would last no more than 2 days. I contacted support, and they were pretty helpful and sent me a replacement within a few days. That second Fitbit had the same issue right when I got it...battery would last no more than 2 days even though Fitbit claims it lasts 5-7 days. And this was after turning off all the "extra" features... (Quick view, alarm, caller ID, etc). I contacted Fitbit again, notified them of the issue and again, they were helpful and sent another replacement (which I'm greatful for..great job to Fitbit for your customer service..it's excellent). When talking to customer support for the second time, I specifically asked them whether it was ok to charge Fitbit with a wall charger instead of though usb. Customer service assured me that as long as the wall charger was not a knock off it would be fine (I was using the wall charging block that came stock with my iPhone 6). I'm now on my 3rd Fitbit, and with this one I ONLY charge it with my computer, and it still works fine after nearly a month. My battery lasts about 7 days as of now. if you are having battery issues and get a replacement, I would recommend you only charge it with the usb cord and your computer and not using a wall charger. And Fitbit...I think you guys need to do some more research and see whether or not using wall chargers negatively affect the Fitbit battery and fix the issue if it does. Even though you say it doesn't, based on the 3 fitbits I've had since mid February, I'd say it does. It is so much more convenient to be able to charge with a wall charger instead of a computer, but not if it ruins the Fitbit!! But overall, very pleased with the product and their customer support

Moderator edit:  format and label. 

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

DON"T bother with this company they send out refurbished stuff bits and pieces, not normal after long time over 5 year customer bout time they splurged and sent NEW IN BOX, this company has a BAD Reputation for Lousy PR.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may need to do a hard reset of the watch.  On my versa that had me hills all the buttons until the Fitbit logo disipates and the immediately release the lower right button. Hold the other two buttons until you feel the watch vibrate and release,t screen will go blank and then will restart.

unfortunate that they don't put in their instructions not to charge these watches anything over 2 hours and I agree with others it's a shame that when we have a brand new watch and a short time frame they're sending us refurbished ones for the replacements

Best Answer
0 Votes

That above should say to hold.    the buttons, not hills.  Sorry about the auto correction

Best Answer
0 Votes

If they're watching this thread plus their complaint/concern departments they work know that there are multitudes of unfair users well being there pays in this thread.  To make of us are spending over $100 for models that barely last a year.  And customer service just gives us discounts.  Or refurbished units at best. This is not acceptable as $100 plus is too much to pay for a watch and pedometer. Can use both separately for a fragment of this cost plus a blood pressure cuff,o my watch and fingers,will tell me my pulse

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both our Versa's fail to recharge after less than 2 years. Only used proper UL chargers and the Versa cradle. Went through cleaning contacts, hard reset etc. Fitbit offered a lousy discount as compensation- you get a better deal elsewhere. Unhappy!!!

Best Answer

I agree with you.  When they start making more durable devices I'll consider returning.  Until then I may go back to just see ordinary watch, a pedometer and take my own pulse.  Plus I can use the gps on my phone.  

Not as convenient as the Fitbit, but certainly more reliable

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

One of the recommendations in this thread said to avoid charging with a USB battery pack. 

WHY is this? And what will happen?

I will be on a trip without my laptop for a while and was testing to see if it would charge from one of my USB power sticks and several of them it would not. It would indicate it was charging at first, but then just stop. I finally got one of them to work and it charged from about 89% to 92% so I know it was working. Then I found this thread. My other option would be to plug it into a cigarette lighter USB adaptor, but I'm wondering if that is bad for the same reason. I just want to know what the reason is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After last firmware update to my versa, the battery has become worse. Here are few observations:

1. I lost on an average 15% daily with heart rate, motion activated display and dim display brightness. Now I loose 25% or more

2. When I had to store for short term (as I prefer automatic watches more) turning back ON was very easy(just press any button) Now I have to hold down all three buttons for multiple seconds

3. When the watch is turned off, I expect it to loose minimal battery power (I understand it has to run rtc for any alarms) But now I loose more battery % compared to watch turned on for similar time (eg: I lost around 30% for 5 hours I had turned my watch off)

4. I loose sleep data occassionally. The watch doesn't track on Sunday nights for few weeks and I was surprised with that unusual behavior.

Good luck to Google in keeping us as customers. Apple has closed all fitbit strengths (accurate pedometer, sleep tracking & data analysis)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes and I won't be another Fitbit customer either. They all seem to fail
between 9-17 months. Fitbit offers you another percentage off, but not
enough to make me want to spend over$100 for something that seems to have
planned obsolescence. And poor tech support. I ended up replacing one
cellphone because if connections iTunes only to later find out it was a
Fitbit update that was the real cause of the problem. It had features I
liked, but I've gone back to an inexpensive watch that will likely live 2-3
times longer or more for a fraction of the price. Then if I purchased a
heart rate, pedometer and sleep monitor, I'd spend less than these darn
watches!!

Also when they did do a warrant replacement, it was a refurbished unit that
lasted only 4 months..... And they wouldn't replace it as I was then 1
month behind the first watch's 12 month warranty. Bad company!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had nothing but trouble with my new fitbit InspireHR, I swear you upgrade and its a DOWNGRADE. The battery needs charged to often, it is not reading at all accurate, I have to do my sleep about daily edit it, its never correct. Time to move on to another company I had 4/5 Altas no luck with them either.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa 2 was syncing fine until I did a software update. After that Im having to re-boot the tracker and app at least one a week to get it to work. Feels like de-ja-vows from the first year of my Blaze.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit versa charges, but won't  hold a charge for even 8 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the battery in my fitbit only lasts about 12 hours. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have a major battery problem in all their watches they don't address
this problem they only offer to replace at a cost
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only had a problem one time, I reset it and have not had any problems with
it.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, How do you reset it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting email notifications that my battery is low. How to I fix that.

Also I have read that I need to clean my contacts (which I do regularly).  This is the 3 time I've needed to charge my fit bit this week ... I will try the contact cleaning and reset.

Thanks for your response

Best Answer

How do you reset the fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset/restart my FB Versa Lite by holding the function button in for a few seconds until I see the FB logo.   

Not sure if there is another way to truly "reset" the FB.

Best Answer
0 Votes