Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge battery problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dont charge your Fitbit with a wall charger!!!!!!! I bought my first Fitbit charge in mid February....after the first day or 2 of using it, the battery would last no more than 2 days. I contacted support, and they were pretty helpful and sent me a replacement within a few days. That second Fitbit had the same issue right when I got it...battery would last no more than 2 days even though Fitbit claims it lasts 5-7 days. And this was after turning off all the "extra" features... (Quick view, alarm, caller ID, etc). I contacted Fitbit again, notified them of the issue and again, they were helpful and sent another replacement (which I'm greatful for..great job to Fitbit for your customer service..it's excellent). When talking to customer support for the second time, I specifically asked them whether it was ok to charge Fitbit with a wall charger instead of though usb. Customer service assured me that as long as the wall charger was not a knock off it would be fine (I was using the wall charging block that came stock with my iPhone 6). I'm now on my 3rd Fitbit, and with this one I ONLY charge it with my computer, and it still works fine after nearly a month. My battery lasts about 7 days as of now. if you are having battery issues and get a replacement, I would recommend you only charge it with the usb cord and your computer and not using a wall charger. And Fitbit...I think you guys need to do some more research and see whether or not using wall chargers negatively affect the Fitbit battery and fix the issue if it does. Even though you say it doesn't, based on the 3 fitbits I've had since mid February, I'd say it does. It is so much more convenient to be able to charge with a wall charger instead of a computer, but not if it ruins the Fitbit!! But overall, very pleased with the product and their customer support

Moderator edit:  format and label. 

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148
Didn't Work

Thanks anyway, I am getting another watch.

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit does not work correctly period!!!! I have to daily MANUALLY PUT IN MY SLEEP TIMES WHEREBY I DON'T HAVE ACCURATE HOURS OF AWAKE/REM/LIGHT OR DEEP SLEEP. PLUS IT IS BEING CHARGED FREQUENTLY. LETS NOT WAIT UNTIL THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT AS YOU DID WITH MY ALTA SO I HAD TO PURCHASE MY INSPIREHR WITH A SLIGHT DISCOUNT. IT'S BEEN RESET, REPAIRED AND MANY OF YOUR TECHS ON PHONE WORKING ON?
Can you please resolve this issue. thanks 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your advice from a long time ago.  I have had my Blaze for two years and have had trouble with it holding the charge from one day to 1 week in the beginning.  When I first was having trouble and contacted by chat or e-mail,  I was told to plug it in which would charge faster than the usb port.  So that is what I have been doing.  I guess I have been beating up the battery because now it won't hold a charge over 24 hours.  Well this is my third fitbit and they all lasted about this long, so I guess I will have to figure out another product.  Thanks for sharing.   🤔☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 is new.  I charge it from the wall socket and it charges really fast.  Maybe not good.  I had one day that it depleted in 1 day.  The longest it's lasted is not much over 2. Surely not 7.  I'll try the computer USB.  I don't know why fitbit wasn't explicit about this.  Maybe I just missed it.  I always recharged my first gen Charge from the wall without problem and it held for days.

Best Answer
That is a crock of **ahem**, there is a design flaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried charging with the computer USB and it made no difference.  The setup instructions specifically said to use a wall charger with the oem cord furnished with the device.  If there is a specific wall charger that should be used, that should have been furnished as well.  There is a problem with battery life when GPS tracking in turned on and fitbit is ignoring us, the customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 came only with the cord.  No charger.  Setup instructions didn't say anything about specific chargers, only to use the original cord.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not true. I've always used fitbit plugs to charge mine and they only last just over a year.  When I telephoned support, they said it doesn't last long.  After my third failed,  I give up and won't buy again. Make sure you buy after sales 5year warranty.  I've has 2 replacements from mine. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone !

For syncing issues, I'd recommend trying the suggestions described in these help articles : 

I noticed some of you are talking about other issues and other devices. To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have any other question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread to receive help from the Community. Note that you can always visit our Help Site where you can find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

See you around.

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes