Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge stopped working after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had the same problems as everyone else with the update - it froze and wouldn’t do anything. The help line were worse than useless, but my husband managed to fix it with help from people on this forum. It worked fine yesterday, but today it hasn’t registered anything. The time is accurate but everything else says zero. I tried to sync it just to see what happened. Although my Bluetooth was on and said it was connected to my Charge the App said it wouldn’t sync because my Bluetooth was off

Has anyone experienced anything similar and managed to fix it?  It was working perfectly until the update. I must have walked at least 3 miles today but it’s still on zero

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

My Charge HR has done the same thing.

I found this on another thread and got mine working again.

"Thanks for getting back to us and for the photos provided, Zoe. As we've mentioned the reason why you are seeing this halfway full bar on the display of the tracker is the firmware update that unfortunately got stuck! With that in mind, we would like you to try some steps that we believe might be helpful: 1) Open the BT settings (if the tracker appears unpair it from the list) and turn the BT off, 2) Open the Fitbit App - Click on Account -> Charge HR -> click on the trash bin (top right corner) or scroll down and click Unpair 3) Once removed from the App, restart both the tracker ((link: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186) help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US…) and the phone, 4) Turn the phone and the BT On and open the Fitbit App -> Account -> "+ Set up a new device" and follow the instructions on the screen to pair the Charge HR back. The update should start automatically. Please keep us posted!"

Best Answer
0 Votes

We managed to fix the problem with the update being stuck. It worked ok until I next synced it, but now the actual Fitbit won’t work. Everything except the time reads zero constantly despite it spending the day on my arm. 

UPDATE >> Problem sorted itself - the Fitbit has magically started working perfectly all on it's own!

Moderator edit: content.

Best Answer

Hello @Sunic and @KDSRN4U, it's nice to welcome the new members in the Fitbit forums. Heart

@Sunic great to know that your Fitbit start working again!

@KDSRN4U thank you for sharing the steps provided by our support team to help the other Fitbitters with the same inconvenience.

I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board where you can find other Fitbitters to challenge, tips for healthy cooking and much more, give it a look!

See you around.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is the same and as I attempted to follow these steps, the charge HR won’t restart. I hold the button for 10 seconds it turns off and the light on the back blinks twice and the it pops back on with the halfway charging symbol on the screen. 

Help 😩

Best Answer

May I just say that the Fitbit started working of it's own accord before I could follow the steps needed so I have no idea whether they work or not.

Sunic

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is the same and as I attempted to follow the steps, mentioned by KDSRN4U, I’m unable to complete the steps because my charge HR won’t restart. I hold the button for 10 seconds it turns off and the light on the back blinks twice and the it pops back on with the halfway charging symbol on the screen.
Help 😩

Best Answer

My issue is the same and as I attempted to follow the steps, mentioned by KDSRN4U, I’m unable to complete the steps because my charge HR won’t restart. I hold the button for 10 seconds it turns off and the light on the back blinks twice and the it pops back on with the halfway charging symbol on the screen.

@Shy420

Which of these update symbols do you have. 

Exclamation mark in the middle or no exclamation mark. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the one with the exclamation mark. My husband got on the internet and found out how to fix it so it upgraded successfully. After a further problem where it wouldn't communicate with the App (which solved itself) it's now working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

my Fitbit stopped syncing on November 6, 2017 after I updated Windows 10 on my computer.  I now get an exclamation point .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all, 

Couple posts with some useful information.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/FBBluetoothErrorDomain-error-18/m-p/2251911#M188886

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/1-2-update-downloaded/m-p/2297542#M191056

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

No exclamation point and the Fitbit won’t restart. Yes, i had it plugged in and held the button down until it turned off but it turned back on immediately with the same symbol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shy420 wrote:

No exclamation point and the Fitbit won’t restart. Yes, i had it plugged in and held the button down until it turned off but it turned back on immediately with the same symbol. 

@Shy420

I had the one with the exclamation mark, so I'm not familiar what to do. 

Do you still have warrenty, they will send you a new one if you do. 

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem too.  Watch frozen halfway through an update.  Bar on front with exclamation mark in centre. Message on App tells me I have a Bluetooth error.  Cannot do anything.  Latest message says that Bluetooth and all day synch have been disabled “for now”.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a new Update for Windows 10 on December 21st.  After I installed the new Update, my Fiitbit started updating a thing my past record a and is now working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As with an increasing number of others.....I've had the same problem following the last software upgrade ................From pictures above....I have the one with no exclamation mark.

Have tried plugging the fitbit in & holding button down until it turned off but it turned back on immediately with the same symbol.   Also have tried removing & reconnecting.  

Seems to be a problem with bluetooth connection as the phone can't connect with the Fitbit.

Frustrating as was working perfectly before the software upgrade.... Am outside warranty  period.... but if no fix possible am thinking should seek a replacement from Fitbit in any event given it was the upgrade that caused the problem,...  & clearly I'm not alone.

Anyone able to help!?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine now working after a lot of trial and error!  In the end, I turned off blue tooth, turned off all notifications from Fitbit, deleted the app from my iphone, rebooted my phone, installed the app again, turned on Bluetooth and Fitbit notifications again and lo and behold my tracker started to work again.  All of my data came back.  I did all this on my iPhone as I do not have a computer at the moment. If that doesn’t work for you, then I think your idea of demanding a new one from Fitbit is a good one as it is a problem with their upgrade that has made your tracker unusable.  I spent hours fiddling about with mine to get it working again and this was a last desperate measure!   This should not have been necessary so good luck! I will not upgrade in the future without consulting the Fitbit Community site  to see whether there are issues with any future upgrades!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Womble59 wrote: 
From pictures above....I have the one with no exclamation mark.

Anyone able to help!?   

Hello @Womble59

Scroll up to my post for a possible fix or click on this link

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Called Customer service and spoke to representative as well as manager. Was told that if out of warranty, would give a discount but would not replace Fitbit. No other recourse and nobody above manager to speak to other than the CEO.  Find this beyond irritating and find this suspicious in that, update results in more money?? When questioned about the reason for the update and whether or not it was known how it would impact watches, was told the update was necessary to improve the latest issue Fitbit watches. All I got and it wasn’t enough. All I know is his name is James Parks and he’s out of California. Wiki reports that he is number 29 on the millionaire list. I do not intend to help him succeed further.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah. I switched to Apple Watch. Bye Fitbit 🤷🏽‍:female_sign:

Sent from Shy's iPhone
Best Answer