Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit & Nokia 7 plus compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will we have a fix... Fitbit and Nokia 7 Plus keeps loosing Bluetooth connectivity. I have to keep turning it on and off

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@MichaelDP Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear about your syncing issues with your Nokia 7 plus phone. Your phone doesn't show as compatible but that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MichaelDP, welcome to the Community! To be completely honest with you, we don't have a specific date for this phone model, the Nokia 7 Plus, to be released as full compatible. However, if you are experiencing syncing issues, you can follow the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, for me it was working for couple of weeks and then stops synchronizing. Weirdly it still synchronises (only) the calories. The issue could come from an app update or a phone update. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @JMMaq! Yes, your calories were always been tracked as long as you have a Fitbit account, 'cause your BMR (your height, weight and gender) are used in order to track this information. Of course that, this data is just an estimated. 

Now in regards of the syncing issue, since this phone is not compatible, I'm afraid that is normal that you'll experience syncing issues, however, as I always say, you can try the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? I can't guarantee that those tips will work but you can give them a try. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HeydyF thanks for your message. I tried again (I already did when the problem appeared) the troubleshooting steps but it still doesn't work. However the sync works with my work phone (Samsung S5 mini). It stopped working around October 19th 2018 (if that can be of any help) before that, as said already, it was working (and syncing) perfectly fine.

Anything else to try?

Thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the suggestions and troubleshooting steps. It still doesn't pair up. I've had this phone for over a week now and there are rare times that it will sync hut only for a few seconds. I hope Nokia phones eventually get added to compatible devices because this bluetooth problem is such a bummer. 

Best Answer