Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app is unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen isn’t responding on any of the tiles. I get the heart rate for instance but it doesn’t respond to the touch when I look for the details 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Did that app still freezing and crashing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all that too and still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3. App was unresponsive when touching the screen. I logged out of my Fitbit account and logged back in and now it works fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me, thanks!

Logging out and then logging back in 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, thanks for the reply on this. I have had this issue on several occasions. Super annoying! This solution worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked.....bless you! Had spent an entire evening on this to no avail....this was the one thing I hadn’t tried.....thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KevCal @Veralynn333 @Criskober-art @BevanneG I hope you're doing well!

Really happy to hear that the instructions helped resolved the issue with your Fitbit app. Always make sure to have the app up to date. I hope you are keeping an active lifestyle (if possible considering current events).

Happy stepping and stay safe.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is pretty frustrating.  I've tried all of the suggested remedies multiple times.  Nothing worked.   I've restarted the logged out of the app, restarted the iphone, logged back into the app (multiple times) and the iphone app is still unresponsive.  I've NEVER had to do this with any other app on my phone.  Fitbit is selling these worldwide and they can't get an app that works properly without locking up ???  I'll be checking out the competitors.  The Fitbit was a gift and I had high hopes for it ... even bought an Aria.  Disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me too!  I tried everything but simply logging out and then in did it. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just experienced the unresponsive screen today. After other fix-it attempts as described by everyone, I finally deleted the app and then reinstalled it. So far, all’s well again 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! That worked! Too bad the FitBit representative did not offer that solution. They ought to pay you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been an issue for me for months now. It’s super frustrating when you’re trying to keep track of your workout.

Fit Bit- this is something that needs to be looked at and addressed. It’s a software issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that info, this is exactly what happened, I was tracking a walk and the battery died!  I’ve reinstalled the app and it’s ok now thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The log out - turn off the phone - log back in worked for me.  Had my first freeze today during a ride.  It may just need the occasional log out log in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me today - tracking a walk, looked at the tracker around the 4 mile mark and it had cancelled the tracking and screen wholly unresponsive. The log-out/restart/log back in fix did work but it’s disappointing to see that FitBit have been aware of this for 7 months pus and haven’t sorted the issue. I am very glad these days that I invested in a separate Garmin for tracking runs - wouldn’t want to rely on the FitBit for anything that I specifically wanted the results/stats from as these days they simply aren’t more than glorified watches, are they. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any plans to fix this very annoying issue in an update?  This makes 3 times this week for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have asked repeatedly both here and on Twitter directly to the UK arm of FitBit whether any fix is in place for this and they have refused point blank to answer. It appears that now the Charge 4 is out FitBit simply have no interest in those of using what they see as an obsolete model of the device, in spite of the fact that many of us have only had these a matter of a few months.This lack of support confirms for me that the Charge 3 will be my last fitbit - I've simply not got the financial resources to put money into a product where the company are cynically determined to constantly try to drive people towards upgrades rather than supporting products already purchased. Similarly, in this day and age where we are supposed to be trying to be conscious consumers, being constantly driven towards buying new and putting perfectly good equipment into landfill really doesn't sit well with me.

My issue has been solved by my purchase of a new phone - the issue doesn't manifest itself on the newer model, but nothing they suggested solved the problem on my iPhone SE in spite of the operating system being the same. Had I not already planned to change the phone, I would have been contacting them to ask for a refund on my Charge 3 as it clearly wasn't fit for purpose.

Best Answer

i’ll be buying an apple watch next.. at least they will provide the support and product quality you expect and need.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m leaning that way too. I have a brand new versa though from when support could not figure out how to get to the setting to change auto and manual awake function something I accidentally figured out myself later. I don’t think this issue is my phone because others have had much newer phones than me and we’re all having the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes