Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not sure what's up with my GPS tracker but everything I go for a run the distance is way off. No matter where I run, track or trails it's about .10-.40 off. I have been running with running app and it gets the correct distance do i don't know why my watch is so off. I have update my fitbit app but I'm still having problems.  Someone please help!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DanielleD98 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! There is currently a bug where the distance is incorrect when using the Connected GPS feature on your app (your tracker doesn't have a GPS chip so it uses your phone's to get maps and distances). You can try using Run as for these activities as this is the one that provides better distance calculation but if the information is still incorrect I can only ask for your patience while the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@DanielleD98 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! There is currently a bug where the distance is incorrect when using the Connected GPS feature on your app (your tracker doesn't have a GPS chip so it uses your phone's to get maps and distances). You can try using Run as for these activities as this is the one that provides better distance calculation but if the information is still incorrect I can only ask for your patience while the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Okay thank you so much! 😊🖒
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay hopefully it's fixed soon! Thank you, glad to be here! 😊🖒

Best Answer
0 Votes

Imagine my surprise and laughter when i got home from my walk and found out that ive been swimming in the river multiple times according to fitbit. The yellow line is roughly the walk i did in real life Smiley Very Happy I hope this bug is fixed soon 🙂 haha gps.png

Best Answer

Has it been fixed yet? I'm having the exact same problem. I'm currently training for a half-marathon and it's very aggravating when I run around a quarter mile track and my watch says I've only ran half of what I've really ran. When i get back home, it says I liked to cut across the middle for a shortcut a couple of times lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly not. I've still been having problems with it. I downloaded an app
called map my run. Not sure if you run with your phone but if you do it's a
great and very accurate app. I use it for all my long runs and it is very
close to my friends garmin watches.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem but it only started the past two weeks.  My route shows I’ve gone everywhere and the distance is nearly 4 timed what I have really walked. 

Best Answer
Mine has been like it since I got it last year. It just stinks cause I run
XC and it makes it difficult not knowing my exact paces per mile, etc.
Hoping it'll be fixed for both of us soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im exactly the same in the last week.

I've tried resetting my fitbit, reinstalling the app and updating my phone's software.

Hopefully they fix tgis problem, as it's not the first time....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 being used with Strava.

Suddenly having trouble getting accurate distance measurements. eg ran for what watch sais was 5k. Ran back along exactly the same route but now only 3.98k. Similar yesterday. Ran 5k but watch said only 4k.

Becoming a real pain. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I have a charge 3 and using with Strava. I disconnected them and only used for it and it’s still an issue. I’ve done a hard reset and I seems to get everything from over double the time I know I’ve taken to saying I’m running a 5min/mile which I certainly am not! 

training for a marathon so very frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent mine back!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You got a new Fitbit? Did this solve the issue?

Best Answer
By buying a Polar Vantage M. Battery lasts 30hrs and GPS actually works.
Nikki
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol - I understand all the time it takes to try and fix the problem!
Good luck on your marathon training.
I "hear" Google (which bought Fitbit) is having issues and trying to get
the software to work correctly.
I guess it'll take patience - but this isn't what I paid for!! 🙄
Maureen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Its 2021 and my Charge 4 still shows wrong distance on gps 

Best Answer

Just give up on Fitbit.

There are so many GPS issues highlighted. I have a charge 4 and faced similar issues as the guys here. Furthermore, its frustrating as hell when you are running halfway and GPS just gets "disconnected" (note: I'm running in a full open area with 100% view of the sky and with no trees). I'm not sure what else is hindering the GPS from functioning properly. This happens like 3/10 times. God **ahem**.

I will move away from Fitbit after I;m done with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes