Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit or adjust my Step Goal?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I change the step goal on Charge 2 ? Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jeantil! Follow these steps to change your step goal:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Scroll to the Goals section.
  3. Tap the goal you want to view or adjust.
  4. Tap the individual element of the goal and follow the onscreen instructions to adjust it. 

Note that you can also set and manage your goals using the fitbit.com dashboard, but the personalized guidance is only available in the Fitbit apps.

Now, to change the number of steps, floors, etc. on the Web based Dashboard you'll need to the "Activity Goals" tile (it should look like my image) and change the amount of steps, calories, or whatever goal you want to adjust:

changing goals.png

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jeantil! Follow these steps to change your step goal:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Scroll to the Goals section.
  3. Tap the goal you want to view or adjust.
  4. Tap the individual element of the goal and follow the onscreen instructions to adjust it. 

Note that you can also set and manage your goals using the fitbit.com dashboard, but the personalized guidance is only available in the Fitbit apps.

Now, to change the number of steps, floors, etc. on the Web based Dashboard you'll need to the "Activity Goals" tile (it should look like my image) and change the amount of steps, calories, or whatever goal you want to adjust:

changing goals.png

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you, I have done that now. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot locate where to change my activity goal on my new Charge 2.  Can you help?  Thank you.  I want to change my steps.

Best Answer

My app doesn't have the weekly and daily tabs.  I'd like to increase my weekly goal but keep the daily goals the same-unless I can enter different goals for different days.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  The view that was posted in a screen shot comes from your fitbit.com (web) dashboard, not a phone app.  When you are on your web dashboard, you will see a gear icon when you hover your cursor over the tile.  Make your changes there.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you. I found it!

Billye
Best Answer
0 Votes

What does the account icon look like?  I haven't been able to find this.

Best Answer

I found that gear icon on my Mac's FitBit dashboard, but it doesn't include "goals."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found it but still can't find "activity goals" in order to change my step goal.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Roysdgtr! Well, if you're on your Mac, I'd appreciate if you go to www.fitbit.com. 

Once you're there, I'd like you to look for the tile that says "Today". Once you're in there, if you hover the mouse you'll see at the bottom of that tile a gear icon and an option that says "See More >". Click on the gear icon. See my image below:

ActivityGoal.png

Then, you'll get the following, and here you can change your goals:

ActivityGoal1.png

Don't forget to sync your tracker after making the changes. Smiley Wink

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
Thanks.

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all."…Emily Dickinson

Judy (Stitt) Graessle
roysdgtr@iCloud.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to your dashboard via the website (not the app) and hover over either the Today module or the This Week module, at the bottom left corner of the module is a gear. Click on the gear and you will be able to adjust your daily or weekly goals respectively. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. 51A6A3D4-B1D5-47D0-8506-D51B9AD88656.pngThis is the Fitbit icon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

the option is now available in (Fitbit Mobile app): Account /  Activity & Welness / Daily Activity/  you just have to click on each activity and you can modify it.

hope it helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me how to do it now? 2021, the app isn’t the same. There is no “goals section” anymore. At least no place to set number of steps to strive for, etc. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

the option is now available in (Fitbit Mobile app): Account /  Activity & Welness / Daily Activity/  you just have to click on each activity and you can modify it.

hope it helps. 

Best Answer

Well that sure was easy! Thank you. I think because it was gray it didn’t look editable. But that was simple , thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This answer does not seem to be relevant to all models. 
i

Best Answer