Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset steps to zero?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I returned from a trip yesterday in a different time zone. My watch reset to home time zone, but my steps are still adding to yesterday and it's 10 hours into today. How to install reset? Not sure how to turn off device.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone and  welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Jaclyn822@Doebear@Daniellemock@Evee24@Lisa9876.

If the steps are not resetting at midnight and the issue still persists on a daily basis, make sure to review your timezone location is correct as I explained before on this post. If everything is okay with the timezone I would suggest to perform a restart on your trackers. I've seen some of you have a Fitbit Alta or Fitbit Charge 2, so use the links for each tracker to learn more about the restart process.

If your tracker is a different model just let me know and I will share the steps for a restart in case you need them. Note that this should resolved the issue but it won't be reflected immediately until the next midnight. The steps that went over to the next day will remain and cannot be removed.

The restart should address the issue with your Alta too @Doebear, in the case still is not recording your steps.

Hope this helps. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

@Michellekb

I think the Fitbit is waiting for a midnight to do the rollover. Did you skip a midnight going from the other time zone to your home zone? It should reset at midnight tonight.

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @Michellekb thanks for stopping by! Cat WinkI totally agree with you my friend @SebringDon, please restart your Charge HR by following the steps provided in this thread and then check your timezone settings and adjust them, after doing this sync your tracker and your steps will be tracked correctly. 

Have a nice day! Woman Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

How do i reset my steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Terrielee, thank you for joining us here our Fitbit Community. If you want to reset your step count, note that this is not possible. Your step count will reset to zero every midnight according to your timezone configuration to start a new count for each day. although as I mentioned before is not possible to do this manually.

If by any chance you are experiencing some issue with your step count, let me know more details and I will be happy to assist you.

See you around and hope this helps.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

How do I reset steps to zero?

Best Answer

It just hit midnight and my previous steps, kms, cals , all transfered onto my current steps instead of returning to zero, is there anyway i can fix that

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @RareGemOly and good to have you here in the Fitbit Community @DavidpX3.

@RareGemOly, you can't manually restart your steps. This is manage by the Timezone configuration so Its require to make sure you have configured the correct time on your Fitbit account. This might work for you too @DavidpX3.

Go to your fitbit app and tap on Account tab, Scroll down to Advanced settings and here you can manually configured your timezone based on your location or you can use Automatic Timezone.

Screenshot_2017-02-09-09-40-57.jpg

Hope this provide more help. Let me know if you have more questions.

Best Answer

For the last few days my Fitbit charge 2 keeps piling up the steps count.  I'm now up to 78000. I tried changing setting in the app and looking at the manual but cannot find an answer how to go back to tracking daily

Best Answer

My fit bit charge 2, changed date, and time, but the steps didn't go to zero so they are adding on.  Please tell me how to reset my steps

Best Answer

Mine has the same problem. The time changed but the steps did not reset at midnight. 

Best Answer

I had same problem with my alta. I guess it's bc we set our clocks forward?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same trouble here in CT. I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and steps did not reset last night. Glitch due to day light savings??

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing this morning. It changed date and time but the steps, cals, etc didn't reset. I have a charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

The time changed on my fitbit yesterday as normal, however this morning my steps did not change. I am still on yesterdays steps. When will this change? Can I do it manually?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here...brand new Fitbit Alta; steps won't reset from yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup 6am in Cali and I have more steps than yesterday. Didn't even sleep with my tracker last night and the steps increased while it sat on the counter... time change or not, it should be at zero. I've done the "add driving" and hold the button down while charging and nothing. With this many people already having an issue, it doesn't seem like it's something on our end. Hope someone has a great solution for this 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning. The time on my fitbit is correct after Saturday's end of daylight savings time but my steps did not reset at midnight. I woke up this morning with yesterday's (Sunday) step count. Help.

Help. My fitbit updated the time to correctly reflect the end of Daylight Saving Tine yesterday but my steps did not reset at midnight last night (Sunday). I woke this morning with yesterday's steps!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines is set for automatic. however its still has not changed. I have notice on the forum a lot of people is having the same problem. Any other solutions?

Best Answer

I am also having issues with my steps not resetting on the Alta. Any help on fixing this is super appreciated! 

Best Answer