Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Fitbit Pay on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven’t got the option to have Fitbit pay (wallet app) how do I get it

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

wbch

if the suggestion to close and open the app again doesn't help, then you may be looking in wrong place. You mention the wallet tile doesn't show in 'the dashboard'. That is not where you find it. Go to your profile (icon looks like an index card) and you will see Charge 3 in your device list. Tap on that. You should see the Wallet tile then.

If not, what country are you in?  What mobile OS is on your phone?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
70 REPLIES 70

Think it’s only available if you have the charge 3 special edition 

Alta HR, Flex 2
Best Answer

@Cheryl80collier Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post your inquiry about Charge 3 and Fitbit Pay. 

Just as @SarahDraper informed on her post above; Fitbit Pay is only available for Special Edition Charge 3. This one should ship in November.

This is how you find Fitbit Pay on a Charge 3 Special Edition:

• Press and hold the button on Charge 3 for 2 seconds to access Fitbit Pay.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Will I be able to use FitBit Pay in Canada? (CIBC Debit)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PurpleAmethyst Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in Charge 3 Special Edition and Fitbit Pay.

Yes, Fitbit Pay is available in Canada. Please take a look at Fitbit Pay's Bank List to check the compatible banks on Canada.

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply! Will FitBit be adding CIBC Debit and other banks anytime soon?
Of not, I’ll just get the regular Charge 3.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PurpleAmethyst Thanks for your reply and for your interest in having more banks compatible with Fitbit Pay.

I was making some research at the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find the following ideas:

Please cast a vote for those features and leave a comment too to share your support. Stay tuned to those ideas for updates on it. The more votes, the better.

Best Answer

Part of why I just purchased the Charge 3 is because Fitbit Pay showed in the features for the regular one and NOT just the special edition.  Now I can't use it?? 

Best Answer

If you refer to the feature page here: https://www.fitbit.com/eu/charge3

You'll see that the "Contactless payments ◆" has a diamond icon in it, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll read:

◆ Coming soon. Available only on special editions. See availability at fitbit.com/fitbit-pay/banks.

Slightly misleading because it's mentioned at the top of the page, though they did mention it.

Best Answer

Hi, Will the list of banks in Poland expand? Do you plan to add new banks in nearest time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also did the research on the Charge 3, and was excited to have Fitbit Pay on it. Now I’ve set it up and am reading that only the “special edition” model has the pay feature. I am in the U.S. This is misleading/disappointing.

Best Answer

Completely agree! I bought the Charge 3 special edition for the payment capacity it was marketed with. Now discover none of the mainstream british banks support it 

Best Answer

@MarnieJean wrote:

I also did the research on the Charge 3, and was excited to have Fitbit Pay on it. Now I’ve set it up and am reading that only the “special edition” model has the pay feature. I am in the U.S. This is misleading/disappointing.

Completely agree! I bought the Charge 3 special edition for the payment capacity it was marketed with. Now discover none of the mainstream british banks support it 

Best Answer

I totally agree that Fitbit is very limited. Doesn't even do American Express in Australia!! Wish they would allow Google Pay. That would address the majority of financial institutions worldwide. Makes you wonder how many potential sales are lost over this poor marketing decision. 

Best Answer

I just received a SE version today, but i cannot find the Wallet tile. When I first setup, it asked me to update firmware to 20001.44.33 which I did.

Best Answer

Same here. I updated my app and charge 3 to the latest version, but I could not find the wallet icon on my app and dashboard. When I tapped the "Device Lock," it showed "Payments are not yet available. Please try again." I guess fitbit is not ready yet...

Best Answer

Hi guys,

I can see the Wallet icon after I turn off the app and turn it on again. Just follow the directions on the webpage and you are all set. Hope you all can see it too after restarting the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I think the reason Fitbit released the Charge 3 in Australia with BOTH models being NFC / Fitbit Pay enabled is because all the major banks signed on.  That is not the case everywhere else. 

Australia

• ANZ

• Bendigo Bank

• Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• Latitude Financial Services (Mastercard)

• National Australia Bank

• Westpac

If American Express isn't on the list it was/is a decision by American Express so you can contact them and ask them to sign on.

(Note, if anyone in other countries thinks their regular Fitbit Charge 3 should also get Fitbit Pay, please be aware that the 'regular' Charge 3 in Australia costs what the Special Edition does in the USA. So we definitely aren't getting something for nothing!  In Australia the extra $$ for the SE just gets you special colours and straps.)

Best Answer

It says right on your website, https://www.fitbit.com/shop/charge3  that the Standard Charge 3 supports Fitbit pay, this was 1 of the selling points of me buying this tracker. This seems like false advertising.  Will there be a future software update or does the standard edition not have the physical NFC compatible hardware? This is very disappointing, I shouldn't have to buy the special edition 1 if it says right on your site that it supports Fitbit pay on the standard Charge 3!

Best Answer

@Luigi802

Where exactly do you see that? The site clearly says "Only available on special editions." 

Best Answer
0 Votes