Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the data from my Charge 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am giving my fitbit charge 2 to a friend.  What do I need to do to reset it and clear it for her to be able to use?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You can check out this link to see how to restart Charge 2. @illinifan14

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @illinifan14, welcome aboard! If you'd like to give your Charge 2 to someone else, when this person set up the Charge 2 to his Fitbit account, your data will be automatically deleted from the Charge 2 itself. 

Thanks for your help @kk15405

Let me know if you have further questions or comments! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you do if when you disconnect your charge 2 from your account and connect to your husbands and your data does not delete?  It also synced my data to his account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Helenpro54911, welcome to the Fitbit forums! By setting up a Fitbit device to a different account, the data on it automatically deletes. Try to set up your Charge 2 as a new device to your husband's account again. Please remember that you had have remove your Charge 2 from your account first and from the Bluetooth of your phone as well. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It left the steps on there which transferred to his account but it doesnt 
look like anything else transferred.  I guess I was expecting a clean slate but that didnt happen. It appears to only be that days steps and we since there was way to delete these from hid account anyway we moved on.  Seems to be working fine otherwise.   Thanks.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are more than welcome @Helenpro54911! Please keep me posted if you have further questions or comments, I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes