Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line across screen when updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started update and it did not finish now it does not sync with Bluetooth or app and has what looks like a download line across the front of it that’s only half way. I tried to reset it but it only shows that line 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

It's awesome to see new members in the Fitbit forums @Coleycoop. I suggest following these instructions:

Let me know if you have questions. Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing and it won’t change or uodate

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem since tryin to do the update. It got half way through the update and stopped and line appeared down the screen. I’ve tried to reset and it just won’t let me do anything.

Best Answer
I found a way to reset by reading more posts of others, so go into your
phones blue tooth settings and delete your Charge HR then then go into the
fitbit app and do the download mine reset that way
Best Answer
Thansk I will try it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks it’s worked now:-)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Coleycoop, removing the Fitbit device from the account and factory resetting it are not necessary, and can cause more problems than it fixes.  In most cases opening the phone's Bluetooth settings, selecting the Fitbit, and telling it to Forget the device will solve the problem. After the Fitbit app is re-opened, it will force the device to re-connect to Bluetooth, and it will normally restart the download of the firmware update.

Best Answer

Thank you!!!!  Plain and simple instructions that work!!!! 

Best Answer
👍🏻
Best Answer
0 Votes

All,

Here is what mine looked lik, half way through the download. 

image.jpeg

Here is how I got it to finish the download. 

Go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and find your tracker, tap the (!) exclamation point and select "Forget this device".

To pair your tracker's Bluetooth from the Fitbit app do the following:
From your mobile Dashboard tap the Account icon, bottom right
Tap your tracker's picture on the left side
Tap Notifications; move the slide over till it turns green, then a pop-up message should appear requesting permission to set up your tracker to your iPhone's Bluetooth
Tap Pair when prompted too
Let the download complete, be patience.
Now do a sync

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Many thanks worked a treat 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, it's awesome to see you all participating in the Fitbit Community. Cat Embarassed

It's nice to see how our Fitbitters help each other! I'm glad to know that you were able to resolve the inconvenience with the firmware update, now that you're back on track, I'd like to invite you to continue digging in our Community, you can find here the option to suggest your ideas to change and improve our products and services, you can also find awesome discussions where you can make new friends, find other Fitbitters sharing their experiences and motivation and much more.

See you all around the forums.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge HR is stuck with the block line. I have tried to restart.  I have unpaired from blue tooth and app. Multiple restarts have failed and now charge hr is refusing to re-pair with blue tooth. Please fix. Why do my fitbits only last a year before dying? Frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 does not update even after waiting an hour or more. I’ve read the suggestions to delete device from my iPhone Bluetooth. Am not getting the needed ! to enable deleting. Frustrated. Need advice on what to try next.

Best Answer
0 Votes