Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping a walk

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Charge 2

How do I view a map of a walk or run? I do not see the option to view a map on the app dashboard or on the website. I checked the log section on the website as well. I'm so lost.

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
86 REPLIES 86

Correct @subteach55 thats why this is the Charge 2 area. If you want you can use the  mobile  run or walk in the fitbit app, this will give you a map.

Best Answer
Yes, I track using the Fitbit app and get a map. If the activity is a
"walk", the map (and accompanying information) disappears on exit and I
cannot find it again. If the activity is a "hike", the map is incorporated
into the exercise log where it is available for future viewing. My comment
is directed to those of us who wonder where their maps go.

This is what I observe. An explanation would be appreciated. I have a
Charge HR and run the latest version of the Fitbit app on Android.
Best Answer

I not sure how those that have their maps disappear will be able to explain where they go. As explained above do not press pause then press resume. If pause is pressed thrn the user must end tye session and start a new one.

Best Answer

Incorrect, I went for an 11 mile bike ride and hit pause a few times when we stopped for water or at the store. And then resume with no issues. But I'd like to know where the map went. I liked my path and would like to repeat it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last time i looked the app doesn't have a bike recording mode.Are you sure you where not useing the tracker?;

Now if you where using the app, your map disappeared because the event was paused then resumed.

Best Answer
No I saw the completed map after we were done. It was on walking for the gps track utilizing the phones gps. I had paused and restarted about 4 times total and had no issue. It picked up where it left off. I did not see the map until I clicked finish.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes

You asked

@ChristianB70119 wrote:

-------   CUT  --------

But I'd like to know where the map went.

------   CUT  -------

@ChristianB70119 are you still able to see the map, your question implies that you are not. I'm telling you that there is a known bug in the software and by pausing then resuming, the map will disapear, and you will not be able to see it later. 

Now if the bike mode was started on the Charge 2, there will be no map until after tye tracker has synced, but it will still be viewable. 

Best Answer

Stopped working. Last 3 days no maps! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Toronto3 my I ask which of the possible 2 methods of recording your walk do you use? Did you start the recording through the Charge 2 or through the Fitbit App?

Best Answer

I don't have a problem with mapping my walks, I just want 2 know is it possible to recover the map after it disappears. 

Best Answer

This all seems very confusing. I wish it all could be cleared up by Fitbit fixing the bugs to make it work right.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I am a beginner, and don't understand -- my dashboard doesn't show "walking" as an exercise. How do I find this map?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PrairieRose, im not exactly sure if i understand.the auestion.

You first will need to go for a walk using the Multisport walk mode on the tracker woth the connected GPS on the phone.

Or

Use the Mobiletrack mode on the app.

Then after a sync, tap on the exercise tile and a list of your walks will show.

Best Answer
Hi Prairie Rose,

Welcome! Fit Bit is confusing and I've had it a few months now! 🙂 Does your phone show walking and other activities? It should. It will 'sync" to your dashboard (on computer). Also, on the dashboard, if you look around to "weight/Activities" chart, and then scroll to the bottom right, you'll see where you can customize your chart. Might give that a try. If it still doesn't show for you on dashboard, you may want to speak with customer service. I had to get a FB dongle from them for my computer to operate the dashboard correctly. If you don't have one and need one, they will charge you, unless you say you noted on line, they were free for those needing it and if you cant use the fb device properly w/o it, then you're not interested in fB bracelet. They'll send you one for free.. might have delivery fee, but that should be all. Hope this helps some. Have a great day/night. Subteach
Best Answer
0 Votes

This feature worked really well, it showed the map after my walk. The last couple of weeks after I hit finish, it just shows a blank screen. It is recorded as a walk without a map when I check later. 

Best Answer

I take a screen shot of it, and it goes into gallery on my phone. Then, I have it as a "photo."  Works well.. I cannot however get it to log a bike ride and am also finding it doesn't hold it's charge all that long after a few months. As someone indicated below, it's all very complicated and reaching a point of my prob. just returning to old fashioned Ped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@snmbs are you starting the tracking of your walk through the phone app or the Charge 2?

@subteach55 the Fitbit app does not have a bike mode, but Bike is one of the 19 events that can be added to the Charge 2 Multisport mode.

Best Answer

If you click on weekly exercise (with the little running person), up in the right hand corner next to the gear there is a thing that looks like a timer or stopwatch, click on that.  There should be a statement that says "Enable location services to track" in a pink bar at the top, click on that.  It will ask you to turn on location services to track your exercise with GPS.  Click on "Open Settings".  At the the top, where it reads "Location" it probably reads "never".  Click on that to change it "always", or "while using the app".  That should fix the GPS tracking issue when you are exercising. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!   I have flex 2, and with your help, I found the GPS.  I don't have the pink bar you mentioned, however the Gps does come up,just fine by using the little button you mentioned.    Thanks again. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are very welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes