Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 2 is pixelated and doesn't display anything readable

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 is pixelated and has just lighted up screen lines. Don't display anything readable. help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @80ltj! Thanks for already resetting your Charge 2 to solve the screen issue. 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've realized you have been already chatting with our Customer Support. Smiley Very Happy I've shared your post with them, they will reply to you so keep an eye on your inbox.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

First thing to try when a fitbit misbehaves is a restart using the following procedure:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

It does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues. You might need to give it a few tries though as it's known to not always work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @BrodieFit! Since your Charge 2 display is not working properly, please try restarting it by following the steps that @SteveH suggested above.

If you keep having the flickering display, I'd appreciate if you can send me a picture showing it. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, that's not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having trouble inserting pic

Best Answer
0 Votes

In regards to the pictures you want to attach. Are you trying to attach the pictures from your mobile device or computer? Do the following:

1. Take a screenshot or photo with your mobile device. Then save your photo on your phone or computer. 
  2. Once you have your photo, click on Reply and select the camara. 
  3. Once you click, you'll see a pop-up window with the option that says "Choose Files." This will prompt you to search the files on your computer/gallery on your phone for the image you're looking to upload. Tip: Name the file you're uploading ahead of time so that it's easy to find.
  4. Once primed for the upload, you'll be able to preview the image and at the left side you can select the size and alignment for the image. 

5. As last step, click "Done" to upload the image to your post.

attachingphoto.png

photouploaded.png

I'll be around, so post me back anytime! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. My Charge 2 has a pixelated screen as well. I have reset it at least 6 times now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @80ltj! Thanks for already resetting your Charge 2 to solve the screen issue. 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've realized you have been already chatting with our Customer Support. Smiley Very Happy I've shared your post with them, they will reply to you so keep an eye on your inbox.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to be having the same problem. I tried to reset it as list above, but it doesn't seem to be working. The screen is still black and I get the pixellated images when I hold down the button. Can't read it at all. Please see photos below.

Best Answer

IMG_7936.JPGIMG_7926.JPGIMG_7924.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_7936.JPGIMG_7926.JPGIMG_7924.JPG

Best Answer

Welcome on board @lauriealexander! Thanks for following my suggestions and for the pictures sent. I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m all of a sudden getting a very similar display problem. Help!

Best Answer

It's nice to see a new member in the forums, welcome @suzn29! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2's display seems not to be working properly. 

I was also about to create a support case on your behalf, but I just saw that you've been in touch with our Support Team. Please check your inbox as next steps were already sent to you. Smiley Wink 

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help! Lines have appeared on my fit bit screen as well. I have been in touch with customer service and they told me there is nothing they can do to help me. I’ve hsd my charge 2 for 13 months, so I’m 4 weeks over warranty and they have offered a coupon. I can’t afford to purchase a new one. I told them that the issue with the lines appearing seems to be a LARGE problem with many people, but the supervisor was very unhelpful and told me the same thing over and over again “It has a limited warranty of one year. You are over your warranty.” She said that the lines occur because of a screen issue and basically it’s my fault it went bad, which I don’t understand. Yes I understand that it’s over warranty, but I’m over my warranty by 4 weeks and they told me they can’t help me? So can anyone help me? The lines suddenly appeared on Friday and I have reset it multiple times as outlined in another thread. I never get it wet. I clean it all the time and I switch bands frequently to ensure that it stays clean. I’m really upset that they are not willing to replace it considering it’s been out of warranty for one month. Can anyone please help? I can’t understand how a company as big as fit bit can’t replace a fit bit that went bad for seemingly no reason. Does any one have corporates number? This seems unreasonable in my opinion that this supervisor won’t back her product. Thank you, Danielle 

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @DMx2! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

The warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This mean that your tracker will be cover for a full year and in this period of time you can received any replacement is require in case of a defect. 

In regards to the 25% discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit charge 2 also just went to lines and no content.

This seems to coincide with an update that was applied on or around July 18.

While my charge 2 is almost certainly out of warranty at this point (I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure it is), I would ask the CS team here to maybe forward these recent reports to the developer team to see if there might be a connection to the most recent update to the charge 2.

In the meantime, I guess I'm shopping for a new tracker. Maybe I can use my old zip in the meantime....

Best Answer

Hey there @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! Have you tried restarting your Charge 2 as has been advised above? 

It also seems that your tracker has insufficient power source at the time of being charged. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

Last but not least, check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. See my image below:

User-added image

For more information about our warranty policy, please visit http://www.fitbit.com/returns.

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. This issue with the lines on the screen it's not related to the latest firmware version on Charge 2. However, rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Maria.

I've charged the tracker via a wall outlet and via a USB port directly on my computer (which was good, because that's how I synced it). The problems started shortly after I charged it on the wall outlet, and persist right now, while it's plugged into the USB port.

I have restarted the tracker-- I think. I held down the button for 4 seconds while it was in the charger. The fitbit logo didn't show up, but random lines did, and it vibrated. So, I believe it restarted.

Thanks for checking with the developer team. Sometimes it's just bad luck timing, right?

The real bummer is that I can't find my old zip right now to use while I decide which new tracker to get! I've been a fitbit user for several years and love the products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has now pixelated as well after just having lines show up. I haven’t had time to post since I have been at work, but this is an update to my previous post. I had done the reset multiple times. Thank you,

83AE75EC-03FD-4DF3-A2CD-B305C5D005C4.jpeg

68C422AB-06EA-477F-B53B-F2837482FA9E.jpeg

Danielle

Best Answer
0 Votes