Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2020 firmware update for fitbit charge 3 (version 1.84.5)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is a new firmware version 1.84.5 in the list of updates for charge 3. However, I'm still at 1.63.5 and when I try to update the app says it is up to date

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

I’m still at 3.26.1 has this update been released? If so, mine still says it is up to date when I try to install the latest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When is the update expected for India customer? We have also bought at same price as others do. Kindly share update to.our watches too. Notifications didn't work continuously since the day I bought. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 3 and whilst the display has dimmed like a lot of other people, I have never had a problem with receiving texts. You need to ensure that it is set up on the initial set up. Have you tried forgetting your device and setting it up again? I received a replacement Charge 3 because of the dim screen, which I cannot get to sync and so I have just gone back to my dim screen one until I have time to talk to CS and the texts are still working.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Charge 3 was updated to 1.88.11 (that is slowly rolling out to Charge 3 devices) this week

So far I haven't had issues with the firmware. 

1) I love the new Sleep Mode (so now we can go to sleep without problems because watch screen stays off every night) and this is a HUGE upgrade for me. 

2) I tried some daily "Syncs" and they worked well. However, I need to wait 2-3 days without syncing, because I used to have issues while trying to sync multiple days at once. (I always turn off bluetooth on my phone so this is why sometimes I sync my fitbit once or twice per week). --> So I will confirm this after some days. 

3) The last issue I used to have (screen stops responding randomly) is very rare. If I don't have this issue in 1 or 3 months, we can assume that it's fixed in the new firmware. But let's see. 

But in summary, happy with the update and happy with Fitbit for releasing it. 

Best Answer

Yes I tried resetting my charge 3 but no luck. Also, notification goes off in few hours & it does not sync. I've to reinstall app in mobile again to send notification but again it goes off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I didn't get any firmware upgrade til date.

Best Answer

I don’t understand why everyone hasn’t had the option of a firmware update.  Husband has had it and his is working so much better, can actually charge to 100% now and is getting notifications without it draining battery. 

I’m hoping I get the opportunity to update soon, because keep getting step goal reached notifications is so annoying. Especially when you are no where near. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your location USA?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, the UK 

Best Answer
0 Votes

May be the reason. I read it's it's released to few only....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue in our household, nothing but issues!

Regret the purchases totally

My upgrade says it’ll take 30 mins?????

never upgrades cause everything logs off

stupid! Now waiting fir the next drama of things no longer working cause upgrade not performed... blah blah Fitbit bull**ahem**e

Best Answer
At least you get it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Frustrating isn’t it. 
Husband has received the firmware update.  I still haven’t!  Both still can’t sync with apps it used to sync with. Random with receiving messages it’s set to receive. 
Husband can at least get it to charge to 100% now, mine appears to make figures up 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No sign of it yet. 

why can’t you get it at all? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to get the update to run for 3 hours.  It cant find the fitbit which is sitting  right on top of the phone.  I have done a restart on the phone and the watch.  my phone is still looking for the Charge 3 and on the face of the watch i get a happy face, a vertical line and a blank screen.  VERY frustrating

Best Answer

I finally got a message to say the update was available. The update was fairly painless.  So I’m getting notifications frequently now.  However the day i updated the firmware I went for a walk, got a you’ve reached you step (7500). At 3900 then again at 14500  before getting a double my goal message at 15000.  So that’s still not working correctly. 

It’s also managing to charge to 100% though now.  I guess they still have issues to sort out, but will be concentrating on the charge 4 now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

why would they send out a notice to do the update if it wasnt live

Best Answer

Husband updated his several weeks ago! So it was available, but not to everyone. 

I didn’t get my notice for firmware update until this week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the message but 3 hours later I am still trying to get the update to
take. I could be taking a walk instead

--
*Democracy Dies in Darkness- WAPO*

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got an update finally last week with version 1.88.1. but it took much time. However, the notification issue not resolved. It worked for few hours & went back to old issue of not showing the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes