Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just bought a Fitbit charge 2 and cannot get this to connect to either an iphone6 or 6s. I get as far as entering the pin on the charge into the app then it just says trying to connect. When I look in the iPhone blutooth devices list it shows it as connect then after a few seconds it goes into the other devices list before the cycle starts again of showing it is connected. I have done a reset on the watch and still no joy. Should I take this back for a refund?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

iam having the same issues. can't get the battery icon to appear

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
115 REPLIES 115

I had this problem after the new IOS 10 download.  I have been frustrated for over a week.  The answer for me (although not ideal) was to order a "dongle" from Amazon, connect the Charge 2 to my PC, update it and now Viola !! Everything is in sync and working just fine ..... and my heartburn is ending .....  Goodluck !

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't get it to update on an Android phone either... Motorola Droid Maxx 2, or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. So obviously it also refuses to sync. I have owned all the tracker devices except for the surge and the Alta. This is by far a terrible excuse for an expensive tracker if it can't even sync with the software. Bring back the Force! That was the best, except no HR. I just may have to go back to my charge HR and put this gadget up on Craigslist or in the trash.
Best Answer
I got a charge 2 as a gift. And it won't let me program it. It keeps saying to use DONGLE, which did not come with it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! It is nice to see you around the Community! 

@Jen943, So you are getting until the part where the 4 digit code appears and it is trying to connect, right? Let  me suggest you to double check some requirements on your iOS device. Please check that you have the most updated operation system installed and also that you have the most recent version of the Fitbit app. If you have those 2 requirements, please try to set it up your tracker again. If that doesn't work, please try to set it up your tracker using a computer. 

@THQ81 Sounds amazing that your Charge 2 is paired. Now enjoy the great features it has! Smiley LOL 

@WaldoRick I would like you to try to restart your Fitbit Charge 2 by following the instructions below: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

In addition, I would like you to review that you have the most updated version of the Fitbit app installed on your phone. 

@Spunkylupe12 Are you trying to set it up your tracker with a mobile device? Is it a compatible one? Or are you trying to set it up with a computer? 

Let me know how it goes guys! I'll be around. 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I was having the same problem this morning and the restarting process worked. Thanks.

Best Answer

Thanks for that update @flitters! Yes, normally a restart will help out to complete the Charge 2 set up process. So I'm glad that worked for you! 

Have a great day! Smiley LOL

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having syncing issues with my brand new Charge 2.  I used to use my computer but I decided to put on the android app instead for this new device.  So yesterday, it was working fine and syncing thoughout my entire day.  Now this morning it has decided not to sync no matter how many times I push the sync icon.  It is sooo frustrating.  So I eventually uninstalled the phone app and went back to my computer app.  God I hate this about Fitbit.  There always seems to be an issue with one or another of the supposedly integrated apps!!!  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  Everything is updated and the fitbit app is newly downloaded.  So what is the answer?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Took the charge 2 back and exchanged it. The new one worked fine. I conclude it must have been faulty.
Best Answer

@Gidg, if you have already tried all of the steps here to resolve syncing issues, I do recommend that you also try setting up your tracker as a new device if you haven't done so already. During the process you can select "Existing account" and then continue with the regular setup process.  I hope this helps, keep me posted. 

Thanks for sharing this information @Jen943, it's great to know that you're back on track with the Charge 2 device.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I have tried all of what you suggest to no avail.  I uninstalled the android app because it frustrated me to no end.  So now I'm only using the computer app but it doesn't sync unless I force it to.  My old FB Charge HR used to sync on it's own.  All I had to do was click the dashboard and boom.  This new one is not doing it without being forced.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as Gidg is having.

I had the same phone I have now when I had the first Charge HR. Syncing occurred automatically without me having to open the app.

Now, with the Charge 2, there has been no automatic syncing at all. I have the settings on for "all-day sync" and on for "allways connected" but it does neither of these things on its own. I have to open the app and force sync several times a day for all my stats to show up.

I have tried everything suggested in this forum. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I restarted the Charge, and everything else in between. The Fitbit app is running Firmware Version 22.22.44.12 and I am using a Samsung s7 Edge running Android version 6.0.1.

Best Answer
I am also having some trouble with my charger 2

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
Every time I go the app back and forth, and to the device, Charge 2, I tried to turn on All Day Sync, but a message appeared, saying "Bluetooth Pairing Required." It also says "my Charge 2 and my iPhone and/or iPad need to be paired before I can use the feature." It seems to me that my notifications are blocked or something. For the message that is mentioned, I could probably sync the stuff by myself. How am I'm going to get the texts and phone calls while it is still blocked? The gray connecting thing is saying not connected, that means all day sync is still saying "looking".
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar problem to Spunkylupe12.  1) My new Charge 2 does not seem able to charge the battery.  Is it the charger of the tracker?  No matter where I plug it in to recharge (USB port on computer or USB wall charger), it continues to display "www.fitbit.com/setup".  Display does not look like a battery charging icon.  Tapping the screen does nothing.   2) Bluetooth on my Mac is turned on and Fitbit right next to computer, but fitbit does not show up as one of the devices.  I read on website that sometimes bluetooth signal is difficult to detect with Mac if fitbit battery is low, but as mentioned above, I cannot charge battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FloraTerra  Until you set up and add the tracker, it will only show the fitbit.com/setup message.  (Battery indicator will not show until after this has been done.)

Where you able to install the fitbit connect software on your mac?  The program will add the device and bond to it through bluetooth. 

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to install fitbit connect software on my Mac with no problems.   I can see my profile, connect to fitbit community, etc.  I plugged in the tracker to a wallcharger for several hours so I guessed the battery is charged.  But when I look at the Bluetooth on the Mac, I do not see the fitbit device, though I see my wireless keyboard and mouse tracker.  So no bonding has taken place.  I turned off my mac and rebooted, clicked on bluetooth icon, and still no sign of the tracker 😞 

Best Answer

Like stated above, @FloraTerra there will be no charging icon until the unit is setup. 20 minutes on the Charge will be enough, and might not even be needed. 

Tapping the Charge 2 does also do something, it turns the display on, which then informs you that it still needs to be setup. 

So how do you set it up. 

When you installed the connect software you had the option to set it up

Now you will need to open fitbit connect - menu - add device. 

Best Answer

Thanks for clarification on the charging icon.  My main problem now is that I have never been able to complete the set up and add device because I see a screen that says "Turn on bluetooth to sync your trackers; please go to your system preferences to turn on Bluetooth."  This is despite the fact that the bluetooth on my Mac computer IS turned on and connected to wireless trackpad and mouse, which are working just fine.  So, it's not the bluetooth on my computer and the tracker seems to be charged up adequately.  What next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I'm having trouble syncing my Charge 2!  I checked my my bluetooth and it shows my charge 2 but still can sync.   My old tracke different brand says sync when its doing it.  So what do I need to do ?? And my Charge 2 didn't come with a DONGLE piece..  Help!

thank you  

HD3

Best Answer
0 Votes