Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just bought a Fitbit charge 2 and cannot get this to connect to either an iphone6 or 6s. I get as far as entering the pin on the charge into the app then it just says trying to connect. When I look in the iPhone blutooth devices list it shows it as connect then after a few seconds it goes into the other devices list before the cycle starts again of showing it is connected. I have done a reset on the watch and still no joy. Should I take this back for a refund?
Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

iam having the same issues. can't get the battery icon to appear

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Susiegawthorp does your tracker still have the setup message on the screen? If so you will not see the battery. Icon. 

Best Answer
Fit bit replaced mine with a new one as it couldn't be repaired. Happy
customer. 😊😊
Best Answer

Where did you find the "sync" icon? I can't find it anywhere on my computer. It used to be there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would depend on which type of computer that you have @ntwigg, win 10, Mac, or a different windows .Do you sync through Fitbit connect or the win 10 app? 

Have you checked by the clock on the taskbar for the fit it icon to do a right click on? 

Best Answer

I've done this several times and mine still won't sync.  What do try next? This isthe second time it has happened in the last couple months. My fitbit isn't that old.  I thought this would be a reliable choice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call support. They walked me through different solutions. It still didn't work and they send me a new Fitbit. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue too. The tracker won't sync suddenly. I have tried restarting the Charge 2, but it still doesn't go beyond the four-digit pairing code issue. I am using it on Android. Also, it won't pair with my laptop Windows 10 app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer service. They had mine working within 5 minutes. Super
friendly and helpful, too!
Best Answer

Sooooo...got my replacement fitbit charge 2 on friday because the screen cracked. Was so excited cause everyone was so helpful in replacing it and it happened so quickly! Now...my problem is that today when i wore it it started freezing....i have tried everything suggested on this forum but nothing works. It does not even switch on anymore...did i then receive a refurbished replacement or a new one and what else can i try to get it to work?? It just has a black screen and tapping the screen does nothing, having it on charge and pushing the button on the side does not do the trick...any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I am in contact with support but now it takes a little longer it seems to get a response out of them. I sent them a video of how i put the new unit on chargr etc but still await their response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You will know if the tracker is refurbished, there will be a stamp on the tracker with refurbished. Rebuilt, or something to that effect. 

Best Answer
Thank you. I then assume it to be a brand new one giving me this much
trouble...

I am from south africa so this issue makes it so difficult for me...
--
Charlene Meintjes
083 444 4168
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I then assume it to be a brand new one giving me this much trouble...  second time...not so lucky...

I am from south africa so this issue makes it so difficult for me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the restart but there still inst anything showing up on my fitbit 2. I had the same problem with my other fitbit 2 a couple of years ago. I bought this one when I couldn't get it to work. It is syncing with my phone but nothing shows up on my fitbit. could the light be burnt out? If so how do I replace it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do you update it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update what @ElaineDavis? You would update the fitbit app through your phones app store. 

Best Answer
0 Votes